• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. pxbacher

Strange Clutch Issue - Intermittently Won't Fully Disengage

This one's got me stumped. Just recently I've started noticing my truck creeping forward ever so slightly while I'm sitting at a red light with the clutch pedal fully depressed. It doesn't *always* do it - maybe 50% of the time. Weird thing is when driving, the clutch seems fine. It hasn't...
  2. pxbacher

94 Ranger Rear Spring Hanger - Upper Stud Removal Tricks?

Had a go at replacing the driver side spring hanger tonight. It's just me so I'm really trying to avoid taking off the bed (and my truck box first). The hanger itself was in decent shape, but with the main shackle pivot nut back behind the hanger and only accessible from above, I opted to just...
  3. pxbacher

TSB: REVERSE Bleeding a Clutch (1994 4.0)

I just found this TSB on reverse bleeding a clutch by PUMPING THE SLAVE with a pry bar. There's more to it than that - watch the video. http://bulletins.schaeffler-aftermarket.us/vidLib/lb171.phtml Anybody every try this? It totally makes sense, and looks WAY easier than the bench bleed...
  4. pxbacher

Rough Idle, Zero PSI on Cylinder 4

94 Ranger XLT V6 4.0 OHV - 223k miles and on its 2nd set of heads Did the valve cover gaskets last weekend and all seemed fine til driving home from work Tuesday. Just after driving up a short hill, the truck felt rough and sluggish, barely making it over the next hill in the same gear. At...
  5. pxbacher

Easy Peasy Trans Lift...

OK, so this doesn't make the WHOLE install easier, but it does make the part where you lift and maneuver it into place WAY easier, so here some pix... I actually figured this trick out when dropping the trans, then again when putting in the new one. Again, I'm sure someone else probably figured...
  6. pxbacher

How to Fill Your Trans From Below...

Somebody else probably thought of this before me, but I figured it can't hurt to post it again in case others haven't thought of it... Here's how I filled my new trans from below after bolting it in. No need to remove the shift boot if you're not in the middle of a trans install - it all works...
  7. pxbacher

Luk Clutch Kit - What Are These Parts?

My Luk clutch kit came with two "extra" parts I don't recognize. One is a small (maybe 1/2" diameter) o-ring, and the other is a 1-1/2" or so circular retaining clip or spacer. I haven't run across either of these parts (yet) in my teardown, and I'm about to install the new clutch. Can anyone...
  8. pxbacher

Clutch Replacement - Resurface The Flywheel?

How do I know if I should resurface the flywheel? I'm replacing the clutch (entire Luk kit), slave/throwout (plus master and line - gotta bench bleed it anyway), and trans. I'd rather not have to be in there again in the next year to do something I skipped this time due to "good enough-ness."...
  9. pxbacher

Transfer Case Removal - Trick?

94 4x4 Ranger w/ M50D-R1 and 13-54 electric T-case. Got all 5 bolts out and broke the seal by carefully prying at the bottom of the case. Been rocking the cr*p out of it and it just sits there hanging onto the tail end of the tranny. What's the trick for getting this thing to let go? Reply...
  10. pxbacher

M50D-R1 4.0 4x4 Transmission Replacement - Pointers?

The transmission on my 94 XLT (4.0 V6 4x4) just crapped out. Actually, the clutch slave crapped out, but the tranny's been whining for about 6 months after running low on fluid. First gear is also tough to get into unless I shift it into 2nd first. Put new heads on this thing a year ago, and...
  11. pxbacher

'94 4.0 Ranger - Misses Under Load and at WOT

1994 Ranger 4.0 idles fine but has been running real rough since this past summer when it started suddenly missing while driving. For a while the rough running would come and go. Now it runs rough all the time, though sometimes lots worse than other times. It starts and idles fine. Yesterday...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad