• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Intermittent Random engine cut-offs

Seems to be a loss of 12V to the fuel pump. Replaced relays. 94 OBD1 Ranger 3.0. Thanks.
  2. Idling Issue

Starts up from cold start good. As it warms up to operating temp it idles lower and lower and lower then cuts off like it's run out of gas. Never skips. Has a new IAC valve. This is a 94 3.0 OBD1. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge but the schrader valve squirts out good up to the hood. Thanks.
  3. Fuel Pump Longetivity Report

My Masterpro MPA27004 lasted 2 years 1 month and 15 days. It was a Chinese brand from Oreilleys. Does anybody know of a better brand. I doubt I can get one from Ford for a 94 truck. Pulling that bed is such a pain in the @$$. Thanks.
  4. Question about clutch master cylinder reservoir.

What purpose does the rubber bulb in there accomplish? Do they go bad? Thanks.
  5. Engine surging 3.0 manual OBD1

Runs good when cold. As it warms up starts surging. Then at full operating temp, starts sputtering. Changed IAC, rotor, fuel filter, cleaned MAF, cleaned throttle plate. Still need to do plug and wires. There has been an old intermittent issue about once a month. The engine would almost cut off...
  6. Non-Ethanol

If you have it available, how often should you run a tankful? Thanks.
  7. Chinese made IAC valve any good?

Got it off Ebay for $25. Probably the same thing as what Advance, Autozone, and OReillys sell for $40. Thanks.
  8. Timing Cover Gasket Repair

How long does it take? Anything thing to look out for. I see Dorman has a kit for about $250. Thanks.
  9. Noise from front of manual transmission.

Irregular whirring noise from clutch area. Louder when its cold (in the morning) most noticeable at idling. Clutch seems to work OK but pedal appears to be at the the top. NOT slipping. Loose Y pipe maybe? Has 285K on it. Clutch replaced 10 years ago. Thanks.
  10. Alternator Gauge Fluctuates Wildly on Cold Mornings

It settles down after about a minute of running. I can see the headlights flickering during this time. Its OK for the rest of the day. Cold, around here, is in the 30 degree range. Is this a regulator or brush problem. I must mention that this is an Oreilly's alternator that was purchased about...
  11. Door Hinge Pin Replacement

What is the best way to do this on a '94? Planning to do the top one first. I will be doing this by myself. What is the best way to support the door? I saw one video where the guy supported the door via a strap to the ceiling. I was thinking about using a 2x4 piece of lumber across the top of...
  12. What Causes This?

Was parking on a hill( about 10 to 15 degrees). As soon as I switched off the ignition, the brake pedal went hard and the truck began to roll backward. I immediately disengaged the clutch pedal to stop the rolling. Is this a bad master cylinder, bad brake booster, or vacuum problem elsewhere? It...
  13. Clutch Slave Hydraulic Line Leak

Has anybody experienced a leak on the hydraulic line where the metal line from the master connects to the plastic line going to the slave. Appears to be some sort of a sharkbite fitting. Can I put Ultrablack on it? How much pressure is on the line? Slave unit was replaced about 2 years ago by a...
  14. Anti-Slosh Module Gone Bonkers

Now, how to get to it. All the instrument cluster removal videos show screws that allow removal of the bezel surrounding the instrument cluster. But mine has NO screws. So, what is the secret here? Thanks.
  15. Dash Removal '94

OK, I've decided to pull the dash and fix the leak to the outside so I won't get wet carpeting any more. Anybody ever done this on a 94?
  16. Timing Chain Cover Gasket

Decided to change my timing chain cover gasket on a 94 3.0 Ranger (265Kmiles). I've heard that I may have to pull the pan. (Doesn't look like it to me.) This is an old Vulcan with rotary distributor. I've done a timing chain before (AMC Gremlin 232) and didn't have to drop the pan. Anybody done...
  17. Master Cylinder Bench Bleeding Question

Can you just mount it up on the booster and use the foot pedal to do the bleeding for you? Then connect up the lines and do the wheels. Just an idea. Thanks.
  18. Alternator pulley size for 3.0

I think I got an alternator with the wrong pulley for my 94 3.0. What size is on yours? Thanks.
  19. Temporary drivers' seat out of plywood?

Anybody ever build a temporary seat while the original seat is at the upholstery shop?
  20. Shifter knob shakes violently going over a bump.

Is that a bad transmission rear mount? Ranger 5 speed. Thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad