• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 97BlackBetty

Link Suspension Advice and Review

Well, I am preparing to build a linked buggy. I have been doing the math and putting my ideas in 3D to ensure that I have clearance where I need it and to visualize my thoughts. I need opinions and another set of eyes to grade my work. Perhaps benefits of making particular changes or pointing...
  2. 97BlackBetty

Land use and management

Hi folks, I am hoping that you could lend me a hand. I am working on a paper for an assignment. It is suppose to be an argumentative essay. The topic I have chosen is, "Off-road recreational vehicles should/should not be banned from our national parks." I am of course arguing that our vehicles...
  3. 97BlackBetty

Halloween Run 09', Badlands Off Road Park

The following pictures were taken at the Badlands Off Road Park in Attica, Indiana. Members in attendance from the forum were Bray D (Red standard cab), Burnside (rocking the quad cause he decided to up and sell the drivetrain from his BII), Tony 314 (Stock Supercab), Johnny U (straight axle...
  4. 97BlackBetty

Illinois and Indiana Wheeling Trip, March 29-31

Illinois and Indiana Wheeling Trip, March 28-31 Canceled
  5. 97BlackBetty

Michigan Spring Events (North)

Hey everyone from Michigan and fine surrounding states. I am copying this from GL4x4 to help inform some of our members of events being held this spring that I plan on attending. The twisted Trails OffRoad Park will be hosting their Annual Dog Party II and Poker Run on Saturday, March 21st...
  6. 97BlackBetty

BlackBetty Alterations Thread

Well, since I failed to start a build thread when the truck was being built, I decided to make an alterations thread for the add ons. Truck: '97 Ford Ranger XLT Extended Cab Drivetrain: 203,000+ mile 4.0L 5r55e Automatic Tranny BW 1354 Electric Shift Transfer Case 1 Piece Rear Drive Shaft Rear...
  7. 97BlackBetty

Airport Security! NOW FOR KIDS!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Playmobil-3172-Security-Check-Point/dp/B0002CYTL2 Read the customer reviews! :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:
  8. 97BlackBetty

Shock Lengths

Alright gentleman, and ladies, The truck is sitting on her own wheels again, however I still need to purchase shocks. I am running skyjacker 6 inch coils up front with F-250 shock mounts, and I am running 63's with 2 inch (longer) Belltech shackles in the rear. 97 Ranger with 4.0. If anyone...
  9. 97BlackBetty

8.8 Drive Flange Issue

Alright, I made a mistake when I had my gears installed, I gave the shop the wrong flange! :icon_surprised: Anyways the flange (that the driveshaft connects to) is the 2.5 inch instead of the 3 inch. Can I change those flanges without messing up the alignment of the ring and pinion? And would...
  10. 97BlackBetty

Radius of Gyration

I am working on physics and I just simply do not understand a question. The question is: Why is the radius of gyration of any wheel always smaller than the wheel's actual radius? Gyration is defined as: 1. To revolve around a fixed point or axis. 2. To move in spiral or spirallike course...
  11. 97BlackBetty

Chrome Clean Up

Well, I am currently rebuilding a street legal dune buggy and I am reinstalling some lights. The head lights were at one time chrome, but have rusted over the years. What suggestions do you all have for either cleaning them up.
  12. 97BlackBetty

8.8 c-clip eliminator

Alright so i was reading through a new book, Differentials-Identification, Restoration, & Repair, By Jim Allen and Randy Lyman. First of all, wow this book rocks! Anyways i was reading about the axles that we all have in our vehicles and i found an intersting mod available for the 8.8. It...
  13. 97BlackBetty

Dana 35 pivot bushings

Hey ya'll, Im trying to remove the old axle pivot bushings and i am having no luck. From what i can tell they are simply pressed in. Ive tried the persuasion tool method but i havent had much luck. Is the only way to remove these with a puller of some sort? Or is there a simple remedy to my...
  14. 97BlackBetty

HAHAHA! Jeepers!

Some things just really dont make sense! Dually Jeep The picture is on the second page of the thread!
  15. 97BlackBetty

Rear axle bearings

So i picked up a new rear axle, its an 8.8 31 spline. I found sand in the axle tubes so im completely tearing it down to get it cleaned. Im also gonna replace the bearings. The problem is that i cant get the bearings outof the end of the tubes. The guys at the shop told me how to use a slide...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad