• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 97BlackBetty

Link Suspension Advice and Review

Well, I am preparing to build a linked buggy. I have been doing the math and putting my ideas in 3D to ensure that I have clearance where I need it and to visualize my thoughts. I need opinions and another set of eyes to grade my work. Perhaps benefits of making particular changes or pointing...
  2. 97BlackBetty

Would it work???

It could most certainly be done. Patov6 was running a chevy D44 with swapped tubes for a while, it also died catostrophically. As far as getting it done in a weekend, I guess it could. That would be one hell of a long weekend though, especially by the time you get the steering worked out, the...
  3. 97BlackBetty

Land use and management

Hi folks, I am hoping that you could lend me a hand. I am working on a paper for an assignment. It is suppose to be an argumentative essay. The topic I have chosen is, "Off-road recreational vehicles should/should not be banned from our national parks." I am of course arguing that our vehicles...
  4. 97BlackBetty

Halloween Run 09', Badlands Off Road Park

The following pictures were taken at the Badlands Off Road Park in Attica, Indiana. Members in attendance from the forum were Bray D (Red standard cab), Burnside (rocking the quad cause he decided to up and sell the drivetrain from his BII), Tony 314 (Stock Supercab), Johnny U (straight axle...
  5. 97BlackBetty

78 f250 axles

The rear should be a full-float 60. Front: If the truck was a supercab, then it should be a 60 reverse cut, 35 spline inners, 30 spline outers, 5-332x u-joints. If it was a regular cab then it should be a D44 reverse cut.
  6. 97BlackBetty

Illinois and Indiana Wheeling Trip, March 29-31

Illinois and Indiana Wheeling Trip, March 28-31 Canceled
  7. 97BlackBetty

ok, i need to be educated

Besides the Tech Library, another excellent source for all of your axle questions would be a book called: Differentials; Identification, Restoration & Repair. It is writen by Jim Allen & Randy Lyman. I have a copy sitting right next to me and it will answer most, if not all, of your axle questions.
  8. 97BlackBetty

Michigan Spring Events (North)

Hey everyone from Michigan and fine surrounding states. I am copying this from GL4x4 to help inform some of our members of events being held this spring that I plan on attending. The twisted Trails OffRoad Park will be hosting their Annual Dog Party II and Poker Run on Saturday, March 21st...
  9. 97BlackBetty

BlackBetty Alterations Thread

Well, since I failed to start a build thread when the truck was being built, I decided to make an alterations thread for the add ons. Truck: '97 Ford Ranger XLT Extended Cab Drivetrain: 203,000+ mile 4.0L 5r55e Automatic Tranny BW 1354 Electric Shift Transfer Case 1 Piece Rear Drive Shaft Rear...
  10. 97BlackBetty

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

I am still in absolute amazement at how well this truck looks and functions. Absolutely incredible.
  11. 97BlackBetty

Airport Security! NOW FOR KIDS!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Playmobil-3172-Security-Check-Point/dp/B0002CYTL2 Read the customer reviews! :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:
  12. 97BlackBetty

Shock Lengths

Alright gentleman, and ladies, The truck is sitting on her own wheels again, however I still need to purchase shocks. I am running skyjacker 6 inch coils up front with F-250 shock mounts, and I am running 63's with 2 inch (longer) Belltech shackles in the rear. 97 Ranger with 4.0. If anyone...
  13. 97BlackBetty

8.8 Drive Flange Issue

Alright, I made a mistake when I had my gears installed, I gave the shop the wrong flange! :icon_surprised: Anyways the flange (that the driveshaft connects to) is the 2.5 inch instead of the 3 inch. Can I change those flanges without messing up the alignment of the ring and pinion? And would...
  14. 97BlackBetty

Radius of Gyration

I am working on physics and I just simply do not understand a question. The question is: Why is the radius of gyration of any wheel always smaller than the wheel's actual radius? Gyration is defined as: 1. To revolve around a fixed point or axis. 2. To move in spiral or spirallike course...
  15. 97BlackBetty

anyone other than todd done 35/44 hybrid?

I use jackstands similar to yours CopyKat. Except mine are supposed to be for boats, they were laying around at work and had been written off, into my truck they went.
  16. 97BlackBetty

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

Fiberglass would be an excellent choice, using aluminum straps for reinforcement in large panels. I do a lot of fiberglass work as well as using resin on other materials. It is light weight, yet it gets heavy fast, especially when it needs to support 200-300 pounds. It is also important to...
  17. 97BlackBetty

anyone other than todd done 35/44 hybrid?

I am collecting the parts as we speak.
  18. 97BlackBetty

The gun thread...

I have shot a handfull of Mausers. Sounds like a damn cannon going off when you have been shooting .40 hand guns all day. I would agree though, I think the 30/30 I shoot has more kick to it. I amin the process of purchasing a Mossberg 500. Comes with a 26" rifled barrel with an attached...
  19. 97BlackBetty

Full-width Dana 44

A D44 is already so much weaker than a 8.8, and then to make it a HP for use as a rear xle is just making it that much weaker. When you have a HP axle used for the rear, the pinion drives on the coasting side of the ring gear. That and what, you gain an extra inch, maybe.
  20. 97BlackBetty

8.8 swap

I completely rebuilt the 8.8 that I have, actually, the gears are getting installed as I type. I replaced the wheel bearings and axle seals just simply for the reason that everything else in the axle is new.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad