• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Duratec 5R bellhousing Compatibility

I have a Duratec with M5R1 in an off topic vehicle and am thinking of switching to automatic. My ECM is a Megasquirt, so controlling the 5R is pretty much out of the question. Can the 5R bell be used to install other transmission? Bill
  2. M5R1 5th gear whine

At first I thought it was the rearend, except it whines almost all of the time when at highway speed. No whine in 4th. Well, there is, but totally different. Much quieter and more of a rear end whine. The tranny is a 2004, behind a Duratec. It is from a junkyard, supposed to have about...
  3. Made in USA Slave

I just bought a Wagner slave cylinder at O'Reilly Auto. The base of the casting says "Made in USA". It has the sleeve. The bearing is SKF, made in Argentina. They do not have them in stock. In fact, it was ordered from Wagner, took 3 days for it to arrive, $85. Bill
  4. Three Piece Synchronizer

Okay, after much angst and confusion on my part (got to thinking the 3-4 gears were 1-2) I have discovered my problem is the three piece 2nd gear synchro. The rebuild kit I bought is for the old design with four identical brass rings. I have an older 2.3 M5 that I can rob for the 1-2 parts and...
  5. M5R1 Rebuild Problems

In the middle of rebuilding a Duratec M5 and am having problems. The main shaft has been removed form the case, but we can't budge the 3-4 synchronizer hub and cannot see the problem. The spilt ring keeper has been removed. Do I need to put it in a press or is it supposed to slide off? Hate...
  6. M5R1- Repair or Replace

I have installed a Duratec 2.3 and matching M5 into a Sunbeam Alpine. Unfortunately, 2nd gear has practically no synchronizer left. The initial fill was with Mercon V synthetic, then switched to Redline MT90. There was a slight improvement, but double clutching is still necessary. Otherwise...
  7. M5R1 detents

I have a Duratec 2.3 and M5R1 that I am installing into a small car. I am using a rather short gear shifter and the detents seem to be way to strong. I have removed the cover and as might be expected, find that nothing is obvious. Before tearing into the shift rails, I'd like some input...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad