• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. mounties83

Coolant problems again....

Alright so I fixed my leaking thermostat housing...(i think it was just a loose bolt) and the leaks stopped.....i drove it around everything seemed fine...started it up today and noticed its leaking coolant again and this time its coming from the radiator somewhere on the drivers side bottoms...
  2. mounties83

Floor pan build

I thought id share my progress with my patch work with the floor of the ranger. Its almost done.
  3. mounties83

Cause of coolant leak

Alright well clutch is going in the truck....massive coolant leak...thinking about getting rid of this thing but i love her too much...the coolant leak...we recently replaced the o ring gasket on the thermostat housing...it was good for about almost a 6 months i would say and now there is a...
  4. mounties83

Coolant leak

Alright i fixed a coolant leak from my thermostat housing about a month ago...the problem was the one bolt's threads were striped so we re-threaded it...before we re-threaded and noticed it was stripped we had put a new thermostat gasket ring in it.....it is now leaking AGAIN....um...just buy...
  5. mounties83

93 4.0 starting issue

Lately my truck is taking a lot longer to crank over than usual, problemly about a solid 4 seconds, and sometimes i have to crank it again. Any ideas. oh and also have thrown some trouble codes saying its running rich. Fuel regulator?, fuel pump? What do you think? Any help is appreciated.
  6. mounties83

Best Clutch

Clutch is going in the truck....what is the best clutch to buy or does it not really matter?
  7. mounties83

Floor pan

I dont know what to do about this.....huge hole in the floor pan http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m628/tobias8274/truck/2011-10-10_15-40-10_475.jpg
  8. mounties83

Eatting Coolant

I seem to be refilling my coolant a lot...but its not smoking or anything but i do see the occasional coolant puke...whats causing this?
  9. mounties83

Vacuum problem

Recently i fixed a vacuum leak from a hose that leads the valve cover...the truck when first starting up cold is creating so much vacuum that the truck almost shuts off. Could i have a leak in the intake gasket?? any suggestions would help
  10. mounties83

Exhaust Leak

I have noticed i have an exhaust leak at the flange as the manifold connects to the exhaust.Its idling fine but it maybe running a tad rich. What part do i need? should i just replace everything from the manifold back? http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac328/mounties83/1205101202.jpg
  11. mounties83

front end trouble

i have been noticing that when i park my truck on a hill facing down the hill and i start it up and start to drift forward something shifts forward with a huge clunk. im thinking its the front end. and also i was parked facing down a hill and was backing it up in four wheel driving i start to...
  12. mounties83

3" suspension lift

I have a 1993 Ford Ranger Splash with a 3" suspension lift. I want to replace the shocks cause they a worn out. I was looking at Skyjacker's but im not too sure on what ones to get. H7054 for front. H7058 or H7060 for the back. are these right? i didnt do the lift so i have no clue. But right...
  13. mounties83

only 3,000 rpm

i dont know if its an electrical situation or what but my truck can only rev up to about 3 grand in any gear but when its in neutral it can hit the red line. It seems to have full power when i hit 3 grand. I just want to know what the problem could be. it has a 4.0 ohv 5 speed manual, dual...
  14. mounties83

anyone know where to get 3:73's

Could anyone point me in the right direction to get 3:73's ring and pinion for a 8.8 rear end and a dana 35 front end??? I only want to spend about 300 or so for them. Help please!!!
  15. mounties83

Starter Problems

I have been having problems with mt starter. It usually will start up on the first try but when i turn the key off and try to start it again it just clicks. But if i wait like 10 mins. or so and then turn the key it will start up. Is there a specific problem with the starter that can be fixed or...
  16. mounties83

Grinding Noise

I was driving around and heard a noise in the front end, my hubs were locked in encase of snow covered roads, the grinding got so bad i turned off the road and unlocked the hubs and the noise went away. Any ideas what this could be?
  17. mounties83

4.0 ranger Better Power better economy

I have a 4.0 ranger with 8.8 rear end with 3.27 gears with 31's. Which would be better for power and economy 3.73, or 4.10. I dont want anything too out there like 5.13's.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad