• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. garage heater advice

I have moved (finally) to the country. Getting kind of a late start before winter on getting my shop ready. I only got as far as insulating the one end, but I've fashioned tarps and plastic for walls for my main area. No time to get a wood stove installed. I was wondering if anyone can suggest...
  2. Faster rpm heater blower motor

Hi, I've done some searching, but haven't been able to find any specific answer. Is there a blower motor that will still mount up to the original box that produces more rpms=more flow. All speeds work, but on high it's still not pushing alot of air. This is on my '85, on my '84 its still about...
  3. Hubs, transfer case with 302 conv.

Hi all, Did a search, but perhaps didn't word it correctly. I need to know if the stock '85 transfer case and hubs will hold up with a 302. Certainly don't want to grenade it !!! Thanks in advance nonstuck
  4. V-8 equipped

Hi all, I've found an '85 with a strong 302 police interceptor already in it, with an auto trans. New front brakes, gas tank, tires, edelbrock 600 carb. I asked if he had done the swap, and what kind of lift it had. He purchased it with it in, and no lift....kinda surprised me as everything I've...
  5. doors/ internals swap

I am going to look at some spare parts from an '89 Bronc II a guy has on CL. Wheels, tranny, transfer case, drivers door, and a safari rack. Specifically, interested in the door, rack, and wheels. I did a quick search on the site, and couldn't really find a definitive answer. Mine is an '84...
  6. internal backfire?

O.K., my doggy 'ol 84 Bronc with the 2.8 has been tuned recently (plugs, wires, coil, cap and rotor) by me. Was timed mid summer. Also did the sea foam treatment, vac line, carb, and in the tank. After driving road miles @ 55 m.p.h. and I shut it off there sounds like an internal muffled...
  7. burpin' it....

what's my best method to get rid of the air out of the cooling system other than squeezin' the upper radiator hose on the 'ol 2.8, fellers' ? thanks for suggestions.. non
  8. here's one for 'ya

I just installed a new fuel sending unit in the '84 over the weekend. Fun. ... Anyway I put a gallon in it to get to the station up the street. It's $2.53 here in S.E. Iowa, I pumped in $36.00 and enjoyed watching the gauge rise. It got to just below the 1/2 line. My math tells me I put in 14.2...
  9. my fuel sending unit change out

Well, After procrastinating for awhile, I finally decided to stop relying on the odometer on my '84 Bronc II and drop the tank and change out the sending unit. I vowed I would never go through another winter without a working gauge. The new one arrived last week, so change out was in the...
  10. no speeding ticket in my future....

Haven't had my 84 Bronc II on the highway much since I put 31's on..or really , before. they replaced bf's a/t's (15") drove it today and 50 mph is tops in 4th ! It's a 5 spd, 2.8......figured 5th was out of the question ! we all know how anemic the motor is - sure don't recall it being that...
  11. need some manual choke conversion tips

Hi, My '84 2.8 bronc is experiencing auto choke trouble. Would really like to install a manual. Can anyone who has done this give me a briefing on how they did theirs (where exactly to connect it to on choke arm) and how routed to the inside of the cab ? Searching the forums, has some topics...
  12. valve covers, heater blower motor

Hi, Have been a 'visitor' to this forum for some time, finally joined. I did some searching, but have yet to find a definitive answer; use gasket sealant on rubber gaskets for valve covers or no? I just installed new ones but the right bank seeps in the middle, natch, the toughest side. So I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad