• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. How much to rebuild a FM 145?

And is this trans worth rebuilding? And if not, what is a viable alternative? I'm not changing the engine, i can say that for sure...the little bugger rocks! So about how much, you think?
  2. 87 2.9...but what trans?

It's a five speed manual, but does that make it an M5OD? I saw somewhere that 87 is too early? Reason I'm asking is this trans whines like a banshee and leaks like a sieve...so I want to fix it but I'm thinking it will probably be cheaper to find a used one. Anybody know? and btw I tried...
  3. Anybody know where I can find a parts diagram?

I tried searching but wiffed...I gotta think somewhere here there are ranger parts diagrams. I'm looking for the exploded view type that you see when you go to ford to buy parts... Thanks.
  4. Which little black box is the fuel pump relay?

I'm between the airbox and the passenger fender. I picked up a new relay and figured I would be able to tell where it went by replacing the same with same...as always, it's not that easy... There are two little cubes that look exactly the same with nothing that indicates fuel pump relay...I...
  5. Gas line do-hickeys...

So I'm checking the fuel lines up to the manifold to try to make sure I don't have a clog. I disconnect the hose from the fuel filter that has the little plastic clip...easy enough. Then I follow the line up to the manifold or whatever the efi name is for where the gas goes. I want to unhook...
  6. please delete

Sorry bout that, chief!
  7. Engine stalls like out of gas...

I bought this 87 ranger with an efi 2.9 ltr engine. Now it seems to run out of gas even though I'm pretty sure there is gas in the tank. A couple of times the truck would not start after sitting for a long while and yesterday it stalled while going down the street. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad