• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Transmission Problem

I recently changed the transmission on my 1994 Exploder 4X4 (A4LD). I did the KOEO and KOER tests and the only code I got was 176 i.e. Left O2 Sensor Lean. I note that only because I don't know if it is related to the problem I am having. Problem: When cold, the vehicle builds adequate RPM...
  2. A4LD Vacuum Modulator Question

What is the difference between the 1991 though 1994 vacuum modulators (on the transmission) on the A4LD for 1994 Explorer 4X4. Are they interchangeable. ( I put in a Rebuilt 92 Tranny that came with a adjustable modulator. The original 94 modulator was not adjustable) Can I take a 94...
  3. Scan Codes

I have a 1994 Ford Explorer 4.0 V-6. I need some help finding my problem related to Codes that come up KOEO. I have not done the KOER tests yet. The first code I get is 341=Octane Adjust service pin in use. I have been told that this is for information only. The second code I get using an...
  4. A4LD Transmission Linkage Adjustment

Have reviewed the posts and the Chilton Manual concerning Linkage Adjustment and Still Confused. Answers to the following questions will help. 1. Applying the 3lb weight to shifting lever I understand is to hold the shifting lever in position. If I place the lever in OD and disconnect the...
  5. A4LD Transmission Fluid Question

I just put a new tranny in my 1994 Explorer and now need to add fluid. Book calls for 9.7 Quarts of Mercon. I have also noted that a number of sites state "Use Only Mercon Not Dexron". Question/s: Many of the present fluid state that they are suitable for Mercon/Dexron Applications, i.e...
  6. 1994 Exploder 4X4 A4LD

I have been reading a lot of the tech stuff but still haven't got a definite answer. I have to change the tranny and have been looking for one without much success. They are available however, too much for me right now. Is there anyone out there that has used an interchange part from another...
  7. Bleed Down Check

I have been told that there is a way to check if Cyl Head is Warped by doing a bleed down check. Have no idea how to do or what tools are needed. Anybody know how to do and what tools I will need? Thanks
  8. 1994 Explorer

Need a little advise. Yesterday turned off the Freeway and stopped at the light. Everything was working fine up until then. On acceleration after the stop, no go. I am thinking maybe the Torque Converter blew but not sure. Don't really know what else could be at this point. Any advice...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad