• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 97 Ford Ranger Step Side, 2.3 liter; should I sell, scrap or keep & put in new engine/trans?

Hello, It has been years since I posted here last LOL. Anyway it's decide time. we have been storing our ranger for years and now it's time to decide to either rebuild, sell or scrap. As it is now it is just taking up room. Chassis has 277K miles on it so yes obviously if we keep it we will...
  2. Reasonable price to replace engine in a 2.3L '97 Ranger?

Can anyone tell me what a reasonable price would be for a mechanic to replace an engine in a Ford Ranger - 4 cylinder 2.3 L - with a newer engine that has 120K miles on it - including the engine and labor? "Newer engine" is not a rebuild - from a junk yard with 30 day warranty... We might have...
  3. Timing belt trouble '97 Ford Ranger

Hi, I am trying to help out our regular mechanic who installed a new timing belt - the old one broke. Apparently he can not get the correct information from the factory specs. The problem is, we have a '97 Ranger, 2.3 L 4 cylinder, step side, short bed. They installed the timing belt OK but...
  4. Trans fluid leaking into radiator 97 ranger 2.5 L 4 cyl

Hi, We have trans fluid leaking into our radiator. I was told that this was probably due to the automatic transmission fluid cooler, which supposedly is built into the radiator, is leaking into the radiator, and that the radiator needs to be replaced. Also the thermostat and the block or...
  5. P225 70R14 for $400.00 (or less)?

Hi, Are there any half way decent tires out there for this price? 350.00 to 400 bucks? Most everyone seems to be quoting me from 450 to almost 600 bucks for a set of 4... in Michigan...seems kind of excessive, just less than two years ago (I think) we were paying around 350 for a set of 4...
  6. Uniroyal Tiger Paws Dis continued?

Uniroyal Tiger Paws GTS Dis continued? Hi, Is it true that the Uniroyal TIger Paws GTS have been discontinued? We have a set of the P225 70R14 on our 97 ranger, a couple of shops in our area said they were no longer being made... There is one tire shop in our area though that claims they...
  7. Platinum catalytic converter value

Hi, I was wondering what the approximate value is of a sawed off catalytic converter from Ford vehicles. I am thinking about junking my Ford and wondered if I could saw off the converter and sell it seperately if I sell the vehicle to a scrap yard. I would not do this of course, if I was not...
  8. OT question about good forum(s) for Ford Taurus

Hi, Sorry to hear about the passing of a friend of the Ranger Station... I was wondering if there is a good discussion forum similar to the ranger station for older fords such as the Ford Taurus? If so can anyone post a link? I am thinking about selling my 93 with 165,000 miles on it...
  9. 97 ranger door panel removal power windows problem

Hi, Can anyone give me or point to info as to how to remove the drivers side door panel? I am having trouble with my power window and need to access the motor - mechanism Thanks.
  10. Ranger stalled, alternator replaced - need new battery too?

Our ranger just stalled out while driving, I suspected the alternator and repair shop comfirmed. I would have replaced it myself but we did not have the time and were left stranded. Anyway the truck always started fine no problems but the problem occurred out of the blue yesterday, when the...
  11. Gas tank strap rusting out recall for F-150: Ranger too?

Hi, I heard yesterday that Ford is recalling F-150's because of gas tank straps rusting out and tanks falling off. We had the exact same problem with our Ranger and I had to replace our straps last year, I was wondering if anyone had similar problem and does Ford plan on recalling rangers as...
  12. Ranger won't start...

Hi, We have a 97 ranger, 2.3 L, 2 wd step side. It was running fine all day, engine was not running rough at all everything normal, then sat for an hour, then out of the blue, it would not start. It now cranks fine though – we did have to jump it and re charge the battery though – but I...
  13. Air bag light flashing '97 Ranger

Hi, We have a ford ranger '97 step side short bed 4 cylinder 2.3L. Just this evening the air bag light started flashing. No accdent, just out of the blue it started flashing. What does this mean? Is the air bag now non functional? Or is it about to go off LOL? Thanks
  14. Dropping gas tank in '97 ranger: fuel lines & filler hose...

Hi, Can the gas tank be dropped with out disconnecting the fuel filler hose and the tank fuel lines? I need to replace the tank holding straps... This is for a 2.3 liter RWD step side... Thanks anyone.
  15. How to check if U joints are bad...

Hi, What are the symptoms of a bad U joint for a 97 ford ranger 2.3 liter step side short bed. And what should I check for? Are u joints difficult to install? Any special tools required? Thanks for any info, insights.
  16. Gas tank strap question

Hi, I just read in this thread: http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26924&highlight=tank+strap ...that the gas tank strap is bolted onto the frame on the drive shaft side, and the other end of the strap simply hangs onto the frame which is on the inside part of the frame...
  17. 97 Ranger gas tank strap broke, vehicle also has shimmy - loose muffler?

Hi there, Not sure if this is the right place for this question but here goes... We have a Ford ranger '97, step side, short bed, 2.3 liter. I just noticed today that the rear steel strap which holds up the gas tank is rusted through and broke. Are these hard to replace and are any special...
  18. Bearings - brake question; may have goofed up my brake job on 97 Stepside Ranger

Hi there, I have a problem I am trying to figure what if anything I did wrong on my front disc brake job about a month ago on my 97 Ford Ranger 2.3 liter step side. I replaced the pads, put in a new drivers side disc, bearings inner and outer and inner bearing seal. I don't think there is an...
  19. Replacing rear shocks on 97 Stepside

Hi There, I have to say I just discovered this forum whilst doing my brakes on my ranger, it seems to be a terrific resource. I own a 97 Ranger 2.3 liter short bed stepside, and I am wondering, for a guy who is a simple back yard mechanic and only does stuff like maintain his own brakes, oil...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad