• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. work2do

2.3L ('83-'97) 89 2.3 Can't find replacement hose what do I do?

You could always piece together 3/4" copper tubing along with hose sections. Did that on my 2.3 Lima turbo coupe motor to replace the hard heater pipe.
  2. work2do

2V 4.6 into a 2010 2wd Ranger

Here you be https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/4-6-swap-tutorial.139482/
  3. work2do

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Best wishes on your son making it home ! Our son is Navy and won't make it for Christmas but it's cool b/c we know for sure he'll make it the 2nd week of January. He doesn't mind too much but mama here is not happy...
  4. work2do

Looking to upgrade to a bigger tire for my rims if possible. 1993 Ranger XLT SC

I'm pretty much in the school of "making the best of what I have" too. A decent reliable rig is my main priority. Nice to see the 2019 + getting a niche about it and cool to see their videos. I'm old school, into my 50's now and will stay on the cheap with 2011/older. I appreciate the simplicity...
  5. work2do

Glad you found a nice deal ! I've run 31" with no issues on an old 4.0L. Went with 30" because the 2.3 auto is a slug ! Even with the 4:10 gear. I do like the engine for it's reliability and economy as my daily even though. Easy to wrench on too.
  6. work2do

Currently running my favorite tire ever on the six 98+ Rangers I've owned. It's a 30x9.5x15 Firestone Destination XT. Put them on my 2010 2.3 slug a year ago with specials/rebates for $140 each. Kind of high now at 180+. Back in August I found Goodyear Trailrunner AT 235/75/15 at $105 (still...
  7. work2do

01 3.0 Lean codes

Good suggestion ! On my 3rd tank of E85. When I get down to 1/4 tank I'm going install the new fuel filter and run unleaded and see how she goes before sipping the seafoam. Didn't get much better than 16 mpg on the E85 so it's no better or worse on the cost scale but a good option to clean the...
  8. work2do

01 3.0 Lean codes

Well if the OP didn't appreciate your advice I certainly do. Recently scored a 2000 XLT flareside from a younger coworker who let it sit since starting a family. 118k, very clean, 3.0 4R. Worth what I've put in getting it back to great shape. Got the A/C going last week and the added load made...
  9. work2do

2.3L ('02-'11) 2.3 DOHC PCV

Got it replaced in a somewhat unusual way. Did not take out the fender shield, just the Christmas plugs holding the upper rubber portion in place. Put a bungy cord to lift the heater hose to see more clearly. It appeared so easy, I couldn't resist. You can see everything, but manuvering by sight...
  10. work2do

TY man. Took of the TB last fall, scrubbed carefully with a tooth brush and cleaner. Pretty cruddy, so I suspect the intake is even worse lmao. Can't say the PCV has never been replaced but I suspect it hasn't. Being a former fleet vehicle where all maintenance has to get approved, I'd guess...
  11. work2do

Thinking about finally changing the PVC today via Dirtman's method of removing the oil separator. Only hang up about getting into it this afternoon is my fear of needing other parts I can't get and being stuck for a while. I have the correct Motorcraft valve I got through rock a year or so ago...
  12. work2do

Blower motor only on high

Johncrofton, hope you have the issue solved. As said above, the resistor is screwed into the blower housing, passenger side under the hood. Pretty sure it's the same on all years, at least 1993-2011. Sgtsandman mentioned above corrosion on connections. Be certain to get a new pigtail connection...
  13. work2do

it's not supposed to be snowing

Melting as fast as I could measure 2.5" +/- at 0530 in Columbus, 4/21. Sent a snow photo to my son to ask him how much he misses OH ! US NAVY in San Diego. Served his 4 years, signed for 3 more. Appreciate your service to our country and contributions this site ! We'll persevere...
  14. work2do

Blower motor only on high

As said above. Resistor, cheap fix, easy to access.
  15. work2do

TPMS light on but pressures are good

Thanks, good on pressure in all 4. I just installed wheels from an 2004 Ranger that didn't have a TPMS on a 2010 Ranger that does.
  16. work2do

For Sale 7 spoke steel wheels

Off my 2010. A little crusty argent/painted factory wheels. Tread about 50 percent. 225/70/15. 2 Toyo are cracking, 2 goodyear OK. Should have sensors in tact, never threw codes. Only want a good spare in trade to match my current 245/75/16's or $30 for them all. Pick up north Columbus, OH...
  17. work2do

I will definitely research it further and TPMS may get the back burner . I'm the kind of guy that doesn't like things that aren't right. But I'm looking at a lot of other work. Like yours (Dirtman), mine was a fleet truck. Had regular maintenance, scheduled fluid changes, etc. Knowing fleet...
  18. work2do

Much appreciated ! Don't see the sense in trying to recover 11 year old sensors and reinstall with new 16" bands from the old 15". Still have the 15" steel 7 spokes that are serviceable. May post in "for sale". Would trade for a decent spare. I don't think the factory donut will work well with...
  19. work2do

My TPMS story of this past week... Last Saturday I purchased a set of factory aluminum 5 spoke 16 X 7 wheels from an '04 4WD. Matching set of Cooper Discoverer AT3 from late 2017 in decent shape. Did not even give a thought to the sensors as I ASSumed my 2010 didn't have the system (duh!)...
  20. work2do

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Yes, the 22 year old has the fully loaded 2010 4WD ,4.0 L , 5 speed with 70K

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad