• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. doc holley

yet another question

i dont suppose anyone who has done a 302 conversion with a M5OD-r2 tranny can tell me if there is a driveshaft out there from another vehicle that will fit my truck or if i have to have one custom made. the truck has a 125" wheel base if that helps
  2. doc holley

transmission question

does anyone know if a M5OD r2 transmission will bolt up to a 76-78 302 also if the r2 does bolt up will i have to change out my drive shafts the truck came with a M5OD r1
  3. doc holley

yet another 302 question

i put the 302 in my 88 rabger but thus far ive just set it in there dont have it bolted down or anything just wanted to see how well it fits it looks like the place for the motor mounts (i dont have them yet) is right over the old holes does anyone know if the v8 motor mounts will just...
  4. doc holley

another 302 question

does anyone know what vehicle i can get a radiator from for my 302 that would require little modification to install it in my 88 ranger
  5. doc holley

302 tranny problem

does anyone know if a ZF S5-42 transmission will fit under an 88 ranger obviously i have a 302 motor that i just put in it the truck has a 4 inch suspension lift and 3 inch body lift on it i was also wondering if a mustang radiator would work since the radiator for the 2.9 that was in it will...
  6. doc holley

302 conversion

ok so im putting a 302 in my 88 ranger and switching out the transmission of course i would like to know if anyone can tell me what kind of rear end i can put under it so that it wont be geared so low. like what kind of vehicle can i get a rear end that will fit from
  7. doc holley

does anyone know if i do a 302 conversion with my 88 ranger if i will have to swap out my rear end too i know i need to change my transmission transfer case and drive shaft just need to know if anyone has done this and if they had to change the rear end
  8. doc holley

ok after much tinkering and debate ive decided to abandon my attempts at a 2.9 liter to 4.0 swap in my 88 ranger and instead go with the 302 conversion i know ill have to swap transmission fuel pump radiator and add a coil and solenoid anything else you guys can think of also can anyone give...
  9. doc holley

ok a couple more questions

does anyone know if by making the efi to carb swap on a 4l can i still use the distributorless ignition or do i need to go to a distributor. will the 2.9 distributor work if i do have to switch. last but not least how do i fit a distributor on the 4l that is designed for a distributorless ignition
  10. doc holley

wish me luck

well friends and neighbors ive gotten some good advice on here about my wiring problems with my '88 ranger that i put a 4.0 from a '94 exploder in im giving it one more weekend of tracing down wires and everything if i cant figure it out this weekend im gonna order the conversion kit from...
  11. doc holley

need help

put 4.0 from '94 exloder in my '88 ranger. will crank but will not run unless i hold a gas soaked rag over intake checked all sensors and they are hooked up cant get to run at my wits end please help
  12. doc holley

help

ok, I replaced the 2.9 liter in my '88 ranger with a 4.0 liter and I've almost got the wiring right but im having trouble my ranger will crank but wont stay crunk unless I hold a rag soaked in gas over the air intake. This suggests to me that my fuel injectors aren't firing right. any...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad