• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1984 rebuild - water pump and other questions

So I have a 1984 2.0 Ranger. The truck sat for several years and wanted to get it running for a project with my son. Got it running- had lots of blow by and no compression on one cylinder. Tore it apart- rings broken. Rebuild motor, have it and running but overheat light is coming on. Changed...
  2. Rear end clicking 89 Bronco

I put new clutches in a track lock 1989 Bronco 2. Never done any rear end work before. This was last year it is now making ratcheting clicking maybe almost binding noise when I back up and sometimes in forward. Have not taken off the cover to look at things. Did I maybe not get the clutch pack...
  3. clunk shifting into 4 low and back

My transfer case makes a loud clunk going from 4h to 4 lo and back again. Just switched transmissions and rear end. Truck was not making clunk before the swap. Everything sat for almost a year. any suggestions?
  4. sensor in rear end -89 Bronco 2

Just swaping a 85 ranger rear end into my 89 bronco 2. The bronco has a sensor tapped into the rear end. What is it for? The 85 has nothing.what is the best way to deal with this wire?
  5. moving spring perches in ranger rear end to bronco 2

Putting a ranger rear end into a bronco 2. 2" overall shorter so have to move out perches a little bit. Will this work? Will the stock rims fit? Would there still be room for tire chains? Any one done this? If it wont work I will have to swap everything into the Bronco 2 housing If it will work...
  6. removing rear carrier

I I take out my 7.5 track lock to rebuilt the cluthes is the there anything that I will have to reset back up or just make sure everything is in the same place? I have the entire rear end out of the truck.
  7. 7.5 rear end repair or swap

I have a 90 Bronco 2 that had ls diff and 4.10 gears. Inner pinion bearing gave out and exploded. Ring gear looks ok, pinion is shot. I have a rearend ouot of 85 Ranger with 3.73 gears. I know the ranger width is 2 " less Trying to decide what to do. Take the guts and gears out of the Ranger...
  8. rad interchange

Will a rad from a Bronco 2 2.9 fit into a Ranger 2004 with 4 l both autos
  9. getting out the eclip

Have to change the u joints in dana 28. What is the secret to gettting out the e-clip out of the passenger stub axle. I dissamled one on a parts truck and wow I could not figure out how to do it while the pumpkin was on the jack. Had to do some very creative wrestling to get pumpkin and axle out...
  10. 89 a4ld going into first

My tranny does not like to go into first gear in the morning. I have checked fluid. It goes into reverse right away but takes some time to go into foward. Easy fix or is tranny on the way out? It evenutually goes into gear and then on the highway it is fine in the rest of the gears any advice?
  11. passenger stub axle u joint replacement dana 28

Can anyone tell me if I can use a ujoint press to change the ujoint on my innner stub axle Bronco 2 with dana 28 or am gonna have to drop the pumpkin to get at the c-clip? or any other solutions or tips thanks
  12. 92 explorer al4d into 89 Bronco 2

Ihave done a search but did not find a confirmed answer Will a al4d from a 92 Explorer fit into my 89 Bronco with Al4d also. Bronco is a 2.9 l. Would be an easy bolt in? Alternate I have a 85 Ranger 4 x4 with I believe the Mitsubishi manaul. But my understanding is I would probably have to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad