• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Trailers/haulers: Its all about the little things

Saw this on another forums i am a member up and really liked the things that were getting posted so i thought I would see what you all have since i am rebuilding a trailer at this point in time. Lets see those little details. The little attention getters that make you look and go, "damn, thats...
  2. Tell me if this 302 is a good motor for me to use as a swap

Found a 77 ford truck with a 302 and c4 trans. Would this be a good motor to start with for a swap in my 88 ranger? I am wanting a engine with minimal electronics. i would plan to rebuild it
  3. Swapping a 8.8 rear from a explorer in my 88 ranger

I finally got me a donor explorer to use the rear differential assembly out of. the explorer is a 99 eddie bauer edition 2wd. if I am reading the tags correctly it is a 8.8 with 4.10 gears and disc brakes. I am going to install this in my 88 ranger. my ranger is equipped with 4.10 gearing...
  4. 1988 automatic lock outs. Where to buy parts for it?

I had some bearings go out and they took out the nylon round cam piece with a spring around it that slides over the spindle nut. I have tried the dealer and local parts stores and no one can get anything for the auto locking hubs. I really like my auto locking hubs and don't want to switch to...
  5. A4LD shift shaft seal. Need some tech help.

the A4LD in my 86 ranger shift shaft seal leaks. I took the kickdown cable off and took the nut off and the bracket for the kick down. Now i tried to remove the shift link lever and i tried pullin out wards but it is stuck. so i tried it in every gear position, still no luck. Am i doing...
  6. Rattle can Bed liner. what kind do you like the best?

doing some budget build stuff on a ranger of mine and i an wanting to use some rattle can bed lining on some stuff for it. any body ever use some that they like?
  7. Snorkels! Whos got one? How did you fab it?

Lookin to put a snorkel on my 88. Post up some pics of your snorkels and how you made it!!
  8. 86 ranger body lift questions

What does a 3" body lift on a 86 ranger come with? a friend of mine gave me his 3" blocks off his yota and if it is not a whole lot of trouble i would like to just use them instead of buying a kit. what all will i need to fab up? if i have this in the wrong spot could some one please move...
  9. 4 inch Body Lift 88 Ranger

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot but i really couldn't decide if the tread should go here or in extieor. So if i was wrong can some one move it. Thanks I have a 88 4x4 Ranger and i am putting a 2 inch spacer on the fron coil springs and doing the rest of the lift in body lift. I have a set...
  10. Swapping my 88 2.9 in to a 83 ranger that has a 4 cyl some ??

i have a 88 ranger 4x4 with a 2.9 that i am going to v8 and i am wanting to take the motor and trans out of that truck and put it in my 83 ranger 2wd 4cyl (2.0 i think but can't remember) How much trouble am i going to run into and will it work? any tips? :icon_welder:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad