• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Dream come true?

I've been wanting to swap my '89 2WD MT Ranger 2.9 for a 4.0 for probably about 2 years now, but have never really looked too in depth for a donor. It sounds as if I have a lifter collapsed/ing and am becoming somewhat bored of rebuilding the top end (cracked a head twice). A couple of weeks...
  2. MPG's go DOWN after smaller tires?

I recently replaced my 33X12.5's with 31X10.5's and I get worse mileage... yeah, WORSE!! I've also noticed that it "hiccups" every now and then, almost like a cylinder is missing. My first instinct is to check the compression in all cylinders and go from there. I do know that I may have a lifter...
  3. Valve adjustment 89 2.9

Does anyone know the specifics for valve lash adjustment on an 89 2.9L? I've just finished the break-in period after a top-end rebuild and seem to remember that it was 1 full turn after zero lash, but my Haynes says 4.5 after zero... THERE'S NO WAY THIS IS CORRECT!!! Please help.
  4. Exhaust leak

I have an exhaust leak that I BELIEVE is coming from where the exhaust manifold connects to the "Y" pipe. My problem is I can't get the bolts to jar loose. I've soaked em with PB, WD... does anyone have any other suggestions for what I can use? I was reading on Kunz that exhaust leaks can lead...
  5. Fuel guage

Does anyone else have a fuel gauge that goes WAY beyond "F" and takes forever to start going down, but when it does it goes down rapidly? Curious more than anything. Is there a fix for this?
  6. 89 2.9L Ranger to 92 Explorer radiator hose

Been a while since I've been on TRS. I recently took my 89 2.9 2wd Ranger off of non-op status!! Anyway, I have been working on my fiberglass and noticed that I had a coolant leak. I haven't checked it out yet (maybe a freeze plug pitted out near rear of engine) but I need to change out the...
  7. Radiator swap

radiator swap I have an 89 2.9 ranger and was wondering if there was a radiator I could swap (perhaps from an explorer) because my stock radiator has a minor leak and would rather just get a new one than plug it with crappy "Radiotor leak stop." Any suggestions?
  8. Interchangeable cylinder heads

I have an '89 Ranger with a stock 2.9L V6 and recently cracked a head. My first question would be are the heads interchangeable, in other words, can the head that was on the passenger side be bolted back onto the block on the driver side? I was told that the only thing that I have to look for...
  9. Interchangeable cylinder heads

I have an '89 Ranger with a stock 2.9L V6 and recently cracked a head. My first question would be are the heads interchangeable, in other words, can the head that was on the passenger side be bolted back onto the block on the driver side? I was told that the only thing that I have to look for...
  10. 2.9L head swap (88 BII - 89 Ranger)

I have an '89 Ranger with a stock 2.9L V6 and recently cracked a head. My first question would be are the heads interchangeable (side to side)? I pulled a head off of an '88 Bronco II to replace the cracked head. Cast numbers match (86TM). I plan on getting both heads Magnafluxed before I make...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad