• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. So long and thanks for all the fish (AKA Ranger had to go)

Just wanted to stop in one last time and thank everyone for all the help over the years. With the assistance of folks on this site, I managed to nurse the old '86 to 213,000 miles! That said, after the ignition module failure and the subsequent "driveway-darkening period" too many things had...
  2. Might be the end of the Ranger (Fueling Issues)

OK guys I'm about at my wit's end with this truck so here's the rundown. TFI died back in 2006. I let it sit for a solid 2 years before I finally diagnosed the TFI as the problem. Since then it will start up and run great for a bit until it's well warmed up and then it starts to surge and...
  3. Hopeful fix for warm engine dying

For a long time, my truck has had a very vexing issue. It will start on the first crank almost every time (even after sitting for months) and run great... until it gets warm. And we're not talking engine warm, we're talking about ambient temperature warm. The engine can come up to temp and...
  4. Another new guy?

Hey all, just realized I never stopped to introduce myself. I've posted a few times here and there. This site has been, literally, instrumental in the continued life of my Ranger. I would never have gotten it running again without the information contained in the forums. So a little about...
  5. Just need confirmation...

So I'm reviving my 1986 Ranger XLT. It died on me almost exactly 2 years ago in a parking lot and sat for some time before I finally stumbled upon the information about the infamous TFI. A day spent with a multimeter, $5 American for the special tool, and $9.99 for the TFI later and she was...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad