• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Preventative Maintenance? New-to-me '99 Ranger

I recently upgraded from a '93 Ranger to a '99 Ranger - one of the basic ones with a standard cab, 2wd, 2.5 4-cylinder, and 5-speed. About 110K miles. With an unknown maintenance history, what should I look at doing? An oil change is in the cards, but what else? New fluids in the...
  2. Will a Trailer Hitch from a '93 Ranger fit a '99?

I'm in the process of upgrading from my '93 ranger to an almost-identical '99 - both standard cab / 6' beds. I'd like to swap my trailer hitch over as well. The reference I've seem indicate they won't fit - how different are they? How difficult would it be to make it fit?
  3. Surging / High Revving

Hi All - I just picked up a new(er) '99 ranger with the 2.5 - 115k miles or so. When I drove it home it would rev pretty high (no tach so no hard numbers) when I was shifting or sitting at a light. It would go up, then slowly drop down, then idle so low I thought it would die if I didn't...
  4. Introduction & Question: Buying a used Ford Ranger? Reliability of motors / tranny?

Introduction & Question: Buying a used Ford Ranger? Reliability of motors / tranny? Hi All - I just found this site, and it's a bit like trying to drink from a fire-hose. I've got a broad question if some of you will have the patience to bear with me..... I'm planning on replacing my '94...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad