• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3L ('02-'11) swapping intakes on the 2.3 to get rid of swirl plates

the later one has a wierd funky fitting on the back for the pcv valve, but other than that they look identical minus the flaps...even has the mounting hole for the vacuum control for the flaps...I'm thinking just mount the vacuum control, and let the computer think the flaps are still there, and...
  2. 2.3L ('02-'11) swapping intakes on the 2.3 to get rid of swirl plates

Believe it or not, I actually did change the 3 way hose without removing the tranny- it was a b****, but I was able to use some hemostats on the factory clamp, them a long screwdriver to replace it with a worm clamp...I love the truck, but they really screwed the pooch putting this motor in it
  3. 2.3L ('02-'11) swapping intakes on the 2.3 to get rid of swirl plates

It looks like the newer manifold is the same from pics, minus the flaps and it's axle....even has mounting holes for the IMRC...was going to mount it where it normally goes, and just have the little arm control "nothing" looks like the ports are the same, uses same gaskets I think. It obviously...
  4. 2.3L ('02-'11) swapping intakes on the 2.3 to get rid of swirl plates

Hey long time...so last time I was here, I had an awesome 1990 2.3 that had 250000thousand on it...I inherited a 2001, 2.3 and sold the old truck (so wish I hadn't) Anyways, I find out the new 2.3 was supposed to be in a FWD Mazda, and I hate it, but hey, it keeps going. Anyways, 8-9 years ago...
  5. DPFE sensor....WTF is it?

well, the intake runner junk is the problem I finally said f*** it, and took it to the dealer....they said their little laptop had a stored code of p1512, and they wanted to replace the intake to the tune of a grand, but once I now have a code, I will not be needing their services, lol...
  6. DPFE sensor....WTF is it?

my research suggests that the pressure feedback sensor might be going squirlly or the egr is acting up...I just want to get to the components, and figure out how to test them....I have heard rumors that the feedback sensors can act funny, and not throw a code... so it's off with the intake...
  7. DPFE sensor....WTF is it?

2.3 duracrap, inherited the truck, stutters at low to mid RPM's....have replaced coil pack (had a crack in it) wires, and plugs....got frustrated and thew a part at it...TPsensor. truck idles great, and throwing no codes....don't want to take it to Ford....I'm thinking it's on the back of the...
  8. map and egr not ressetting....

first, thanks for the replies on my "getting familiar with the duratec" engine post.....just got a new battery, and put 300 miles on this thing, and IM readiness is still not happening....I have just driven it, in all kinds of conditions, not really followed the "procedure" as I live in the...
  9. getting familiar with the Duratec 2.3..questions

got a 2001 new to me ranger from my folks....has 70,000 real miles. Car was well maintained and driven it's first few years, but has hardly been driven for the last few. i was going to replace as much rubber as I can, starting with tires, belts, hoses. To my surprise- no timing belt. My Old 1990...
  10. clutch master woes....is my new master bad?

hey, long time, don't usually need any help on my ranger with 300,000 miles on it, but I am stuck. 90 ranger, 2.3, 2wd I put a new clutch in last year, clutch pressure plate, TO bearing and slave, but not the master, or line....a few days ago, the clutch felt kinda hard, and then spongy, and I...
  11. alternator upgrade question

wondering if anyone can help me here. I have a 90 ranger with the 2.3 and an extremely anemic alternator. I added an electric rad fan and the stock 65 amp just ain't doing it. Been through a few lifetime alts from autozone, and I just wanna go to a 3g from a 95 mustang (140 amp) I noticed these...
  12. PO 34 7 88, at my wits end

CE light came on, checked codes, got 34, and 88. So far I replaced EGR, EGR control solenoid, and the little sensor that rides on the back of the EGR, for the code 34, still throwing that code. For the 88 (dual spark) I replaced the crankshaft sensor, and the ICM, and put new wires on - still...
  13. hard cold starting (even when it's not cold)

90 model ranger, first start of the day, won't start unless I use starting fluid and floor it. used an obII code reader and got code 54 (iac circuit open, vane flow sensor out of range) Soo, I replaced the Iac sensor and still having same prob. Also replaced the pressure regulator at a guess...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad