• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. The Truth about the 4.0

I've owned a couple of Rangers. First a 87 2.9 that did well. Just sold my 2000 with the 3.0 which was a great motor. Now I am looking at a newer truck with a 4.0. I have heard several people talking about problems with the 4.0. Bad heads, gaskets go and heads crack. Lifter problems etc... So is...
  2. Help with charging a/c

I have a 1996 Ranger with 4.0L and the A/C compressor has been switching in and out every few seconds for a while. I was hoping the R-134 was low so I bought a can of straight refrig. (no stop leak) and a install hose with the cheap red/green gauge. I checked the pressure first and when the...
  3. Firing Order

So I'm putting new plugs and wires on my 2000 Ranger with 3.0. The old wires are in a strange order. The passenger side on the coil was 123 front to back, The drivers side is 465 front rear center. Is this right or has someone before me done something weird? Thanks
  4. Gasket Question

Replacing the thermostat on my 2000 3.0L and I expected to get the rubber seal like the 4.0L's take. But it seems the 3.0 has the old style gasket. Does it take one or two and if one, which side of the stat does it go? Thanks
  5. Larger Radiator in a 3.0

My radiator tank has busted and I see several threads about using a 4.0 radiator in a 3.0 ranger. Is that really better? What is required to make it fit? I have a 2000 Ranger extended cab with 3.0 and automatic. Are aftermarkets worth it or should I go with ford? Thanks
  6. Help with FOB

Both of my key fobs stopped working on 96 ranger. Anyone know where the receiver is located? Also what is the procedure for programming a remote? If there are already 4 programmed, how can you clear those out? Thanks
  7. Where is my keyless entry receiver

Both of my key fobs stopped working on 96 ranger. Anyone know where the receiver is located? Thanks
  8. Purge Flow Problem - Please Help!

I have a 1996 Ranger with 4.0. Got the P1443 error code and found the threads about that here. The Purge Flow Sensor was definately shorted so I replaced that with a new motorcraft part and also replaced some of the vacuum line that looked bad. Reset code and drove a while and the code came...
  9. Help with Check Engine Light

I have a 98 Ranger with 4.0L and the emissions guy said the check engine light is not working. I don't see a light called check engine when I turn on the key. I can't see it when I hold a flashlight up to the panel either. Can someone tell me where the check engine light is on the dash. My...
  10. 96 heater only blows cold

I know there are several posts on this but haven't found my answer in them. 96 ranger with 4.0. I replaced the thermostat and now it runs in normal range of temp gauge but still no heat. I assume the blend door is the one behind glove box? It opens only when selector is on "off" or "max a/c"...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad