• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. alwaysFlOoReD

carb kit questions...

I have a 2bbl carb on my 2.8 in my pinto. The tag on the carb reads d7ye-aa. Looking at Rockauto I find listings for several carb kits. One has the same d7ya-aa as my carb. Another carb kit has d7ye-ba. My local parts has the d7ye-ba in stock and can't get the -aa. What would the difference be...
  2. alwaysFlOoReD

Saleen Ranger

1 of 27...
  3. alwaysFlOoReD

New Ford Logo

https://jalopnik.com/ford-quietly-unveils-new-logo-on-2024-f-150-1850834637
  4. alwaysFlOoReD

TIL: Today I Learned...

TIL that I'm supposed to pull on the wires when disconnecting automotive connectors. That goes against what I learned about household appliances and extension cords. Found this out in my new to me 1980 Ford Car Shop Manual - Electrical. Edited to replace "cords" with "wires"
  5. alwaysFlOoReD

a4ld behind 2.8?

Wondering if this has been done before? I have an a4ld that was rebuilt not long before the 2.9 shit the bed. And I'm picking up a Pinto with a 2.8... I want to use the a4ld because of the overdrive and lock up torque convertor. Articles in the tech section describe how to use a switch for the...
  6. alwaysFlOoReD

Another 1977 Pinto

Made a verbal agreement to buy another 1977 Pinto. It's looks to be in much better shape than the other I brought home a couple months ago. This one has a 2.8liter and I think an auto. Didn't actually check... If it's stick then great. If auto I want to know if I can put an a4ld from my '86...
  7. alwaysFlOoReD

Facebook Marketplace?

Any way to join without giving all my personal info? I need to sell a bunch of stuff. Some Ranger related, some not.
  8. alwaysFlOoReD

Found on road...

So I was driving down the road and saw a black, slightly bigger than football size object. Cranked a U and found what looks to be at least a 5hp 240V motor. Other the an external fan bent a bit, and some road rash, it looks to be new. Still has blue grease on the shaft. Unfortunately it is a...
  9. alwaysFlOoReD

drifting UK style

10. alwaysFlOoReD

2.8 distributor ID?

Going thru my magical bus of "stuff". I never know what I'll find... And remembering a recent thread on difficulty of finding the distributor for the 2.8 I thought I would start a thread on identifying these dizzy. Mine;
  11. alwaysFlOoReD

Changed sparkplugs. Too hasty?

My little Sunfire was starting to get a little miss, and the mileage was dropping. So I decided to change my sparkplug for the first time since owning the car. There is 430,000 kms on it. I put about 50,000 on it myself.
  12. alwaysFlOoReD

Rockauto closeout bargains

1. Go to rockauto.com. 2. Choose your make, year, model. 3. Next to your engine size, click the little orange RSS logo. 4. On the page it opens, look on the right side with the heading “Love a Bargain?” Click the little blue HTML button. Copied and pasted from a thread by KnurledNut on Garage...
  13. alwaysFlOoReD

Close out bargains

1. Go to rockauto.com. 2. Choose your make, year, model. 3. Next to your engine size, click the little orange RSS logo. 4. On the page it opens, look on the right side with the heading “Love a Bargain?” Click the little blue HTML button. Copied and pasted from a thread by KnurledNut on Garage...
  14. alwaysFlOoReD

1977 Pinto

I've been searching for a candidate for my 2.3 manual fuel injected engine I picked up in trade a couple years ago. Found this Pinto with no motor or gas tank for C$250.00. It's going to be either a 1/4 mile or rally car. Haven't decided yet. Won't be working on it until spring tho as I have no...
  15. alwaysFlOoReD

alwaysFlOoReD's non vehicle projects

I need to have a thread where I can keep track of my various projects. Mainly so I can see what I accomplish over time. So this is it... Feel free to put in your comments and observations. Try not to go off rail too much... For the last 2 days I've been puttering at making a electrical panel...
  16. alwaysFlOoReD

Possible recall on 2021 Bronco w/2.7

https://jalopnik.com/nhtsa-is-investigating-ford-bronco-engine-failures-1849332244
  17. alwaysFlOoReD

Ranger/Maverick electric truck possible

I don't follow the news much but saw this. Maybe some of you are interested. https://www.thestreet.com/technology/ford-takes-a-big-step-towards-its-metamorphosis
  18. alwaysFlOoReD

Old ex-SnapOn van refurb

I'm not sure if I posted this van before and I dont feel like looking...I'm tired. I bought this a number of years ago for $1,000. It's a 1980 Grumman body on a c30 Chevy frame and running gear. A tired 350 on propane. I loaded it on my flat deck and a friend towed it back to my place. That was...
  19. alwaysFlOoReD

needed a paper towel holder...

I had a paper towel holder that screwed to the wall. It was plastic and after 3 decades it gave up. So I've been looking for a cheap replacement for several weeks. I would have thought that would be a stock item in places like Walmart and dollar stores for a couple bucks. Nope! Cheapest I could...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad