• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. JD22

2001+ 4WD system

I've been looking in the tech library about the vacuum hubs being only in 98-00. So what kind of system are they using now? How does it work?
  2. JD22

Multitool/Knife check!

Top right is the one I carry most often, Smith & Wesson "24-7" one under that is a Leatherman SideClip, basically a baby Leatherman. under that is my Buck knife, pretty cool looking. Top left is a Smith & Wesson Power Glide - "First Production Run. 1 of 5000" And bottom left is my...
  3. JD22

Kobalt toolbox keys

I bought a Kobalt toolbox for my truck a while ago. When I opened it up and stuff the keys were bent, but they still worked. so I didn't take it back to Lowes because I figured it was a waste of time and gas. So I tried to bend one back and I got it a little better, but I broke the other one...
  4. JD22

photoshop rims

My rims need repainted, they're pitted and crappy looking. I don't know whether I want to do them in black or redo the silver, please photoshop the whole rim black, including the center cap. Just flat black, not glossy or anything. Thanks.
  5. JD22

Gas tank "heat shields"?

Are they completely essential? One was making a God-awful clicking noise when I drove, so I just ripped it off and found it was broken on one side from rubbing against the drive shaft. I did this after I drove and got the truck up to normal operating temperature, and the drive shaft wasn't...
  6. JD22

Noob inquiry

I know I've been here for a year, but I'm still a noob to Rangers. On the front of the engine, closest towards the grille, there is something that spins, then it stops spinning for a couple seconds, then starts again. WHAT IS IT?! I've wondered this since I got the truck I just never got around...
  7. JD22

How to take off Ranger badges?

Is there an easy way to do this? Just like pry them off with a screwdriver or something? I wanna replace my 1998 Badges with the 2006+ badges. Im going to the pic-a-part on Wednesday so I can't really use a heat gun or something to get them off. Any ideas?
  8. JD22

Stock ranger in about 18" of snow

In Freeport Park. About 550-600 feet of road way in deep snow with <30" tires. It's was epic, for my standards. The beginning of the road is about 20-25º and it gets to about 5º at the top.
  9. JD22

Saleen... RANGER?!

Never saw, or heard of this before. It's beautiful! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-SALEEN-TRUCK-1988-FORD-RANGER-SALEEN-RARER-THEN-A-MUSTANG-COBRA-R_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4a9cade0e8QQitemZ320456220904QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks If that is legit, someone buy it... please!?
  10. JD22

is changing tire size a problem?

Right now I have 265/75/r15 and my dad hooked me up and he can get 4 new ones for under $400 mounted and balanced and what-not. The new tires are 235/65/r15 or something around there. Is that going to cause a problem with the speedometer or 4 wheel drive or anything? He wanted me to make sure...
  11. JD22

Cylindrical object hanging from spare area

Can you help me with this? When I got home today this was hanging down back near my rear tire. What is it?! The wires are connected to the license plate lights and the tail lights. My dad said the big gray hose looked like it headed towards the gas tank. Also i realized that my whole spare...
  12. JD22

Thank you Ranger Station

For(d) wishing me a happy birthday! that was a nice email to receive :P :yahoo:
  13. JD22

Lot of questions about V-8 swap with a backstory you probably wont read

So in the past few days I've been reading about the V-8 swap tech stuff from the link on the homepage. And to me it seems like the 1998 is pretty simple for the conversion. I told my mom about it but she's crazy and thinks I drive too fast as it is (I really only drive about 5 over) Anywho...
  14. JD22

Interior color change

Can you change the color on the door handle surround and plastic parts around the head unit, vents and temp knobs.. ect. I'll do a crappy paint picture just to show what I want. and here's the original. Thanks
  15. JD22

My Uncle's '47

This is my uncle's 1947 Ford Truck. About 4 years ago he got it completely restored. All original. I don't know the engine spec's but it's a double clutch tranny. He used to take it to all the car shows in the area (Pittsburgh, Kiski, ect..) but since it's such a bitch to drive. He thinks...
  16. JD22

High speed rumbling?

SOMETIMES when I go above about 70 mph the truck rumbles a bit. It's noticeable but it's not like tragic. But the thing is Pennsylvania roads are crappy, especially on Route 28, and I cannot tell if it's the truck or the roads. If you think it is something that should be taken care of, it's...
  17. JD22

Doritos

Try the new "Late Night Taco" doritos. They actually taste like tacos. You'd be surprised.
  18. JD22

Easy request

Can you paint my stock rims flat black for me? much obliged.
  19. JD22

Photoshop request for you pros

I have a couple requests. I'm sort of a Ranger newbie. so bare with me. I need you to jack this up a few inches. Maybe put some boggers on it. Paint it a metallic silver and put a digital camo on the end like in this picture. Here's my truck Get rid of the fleetside trim, paint it all...
  20. JD22

Airbag light flashing

Today I had my friend and I in my truck today and the airbag light started flashing. I don't have a manual so what does this mean? Should I have it checked out? And also I got a brand new steering column and the mechanic told me it would whine for about 5 hours of driving. Does this always...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad