• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. jwsewell

Prerunner bumper build

My first bumper build ever. 1.75 & 1.00 .120 wall CREW Skid plate is 1/8" 5052 aluminum Miter cuts because I don't have a bender
  2. jwsewell

Cheap 6061 T6 aluminum coil spacers

I made a set 2 inch spacers for less than $15. Was easy too!! LOL picked up two 2 inch sections of 2.75 6061 T6 round bar from http://metalsupermarkets.com/ for $7 and change each and drilled a 3/4 hole in the center. I told you it was easy. :icon_rofl: Don't forget to swing by...
  3. jwsewell

extended radius arms and transmission crossmember

after installing f150 coils and bending the beams it was time to correct the caster. I was at -1.8 degrees caster on both sides with the stock radius arms. I used 2x2 .250 thick and .250 plate and reused the stock studs and bushings. Oh, and a lil' diff. than most, I center mounted the...
  4. jwsewell

Quick wheel refurb

I knocked out the fake aluminum rivets and chucked the wheel up on the brake lathe at the shop. I scraped the clear coat off the outside lips with a bastard file and also scraped off the bad curb damage. Then sanded with 80, 150, 220 and 320 to get a brushed satin finish. roughed up the...
  5. jwsewell

Fuel cell under stock bed floor

I didnt really find alot about this when searching the site before starting to install mine so I figured I would share my "bro fab" Been working on installing an RCI 16 gallon fuel cell and can between the rear frame rails. I cut and welded a copy of Speedway Motors fuel cell bracket from...
  6. jwsewell

Explorer 8.8" and Leaf Swap

The explorer leaf mounts are under the frame rails not on the side of the frame rails as the ranger leaf mounts. The Explorer frame rails flare out at the rear and are wider than Ranger frame rails. This is why Ford mounted the axle over the leaf springs. That being said you can bolt up the...
  7. jwsewell

NOOB from Vancouver WA

Hello all. This is my second post. :icon_twisted: I was turned on to the site by the guy I bought my 84 reg. cab from yesterday. A lil' about me. I live in Vancouver WA and am a long time bracket racing fan. The ranger is going to be my daily driver while I work on my 74 Plymouth Scamp drag...
  8. jwsewell

jwsewell's 1984 Reg. cab

Hello all. This is my first post. I was turned on to the site by the guy I bought my 84 reg. cab from yesterday. A lil' about me. I live in Vancouver WA and am a long time bracket racing fan. The ranger is going to be my daily driver while I work on my 74 Plymouth Scamp drag car. But me...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad