• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. how hard is it to rebuild?

how hard is it to do a head gasket on a 2.8 ford motor? its a 85. I'm sure the head gasket is leaking cause theres a huge amount of fluid in the oil and theres not coolant in the raidator. when i do it i was going to get the heads surfaces and then do valve seals also. its a 70 dollar kit...
  2. convert a gas motor to a diesel?

Could a feller get a gas motor converted over to diesel? Run a higher Compression piston use spark plug holes for injectors and then use a grid heater on the intake, you could use a injection pump from a toyta diesel or else maybe the one on the 4bt. how hard do you think it would be?
  3. how hard is it to swap wiring?

Hey guys and gals, I'm in the middle of a little undercover project for the time being but i have a 84 ford ranger that has a 2.8 (carb motor for those that dont know) and i'm doing a 4 cylinder swap on it and i need to get the OBD plug in that is found under the driver side by all the brakes...
  4. how hard is this?

ok so last few hours i was bummin on c list and i found a CHEAP 2.3 motor, I thought it would be a good base for a turbo project, It would be a sleeper, in a 84 4x4 long box, I want to make it one of a kind, i see mostly2wd's with turbos, I've done some research on it but theres a few things i...
  5. help me get the 84 2.8 running again

ok so I have this 84 rangr reg cab long box with a 2.8 swaped in to it out of a 85, ran awsome for a few years then it ran like shit parked it turned out to be the crab, replaced the carb and i used it around the farm pulling empty wagons around mostly, checking fields for dad and such, didnt...
  6. Cummins 4BT swap?

Ok i know there are afew guys that have done them, I know of 2 98+ rangers and a 2nd gen as well. I've done some searching on this whole thing. I know they had them in some bread trucks and they use a chevy bell housing and ran a turbo 350 or 400 trans. I know they are used in boats as well...
  7. Need high idel Cam ASAP!

looking for the high idel cam off a 2.8 with the 2150 carb, IIRCC thats the carb its running, i would like to get one of these ASAP let me know if anyone has one that i could buy off them.
  8. no start?

so i have this 84 ranger with a 85 2.8 in it, it ran great when i got it then the carb got gunked up and it would spit and sputter, im trying to put it out of the shed to do some work to it but it wont turn over the batt was new last year and it just buzzes like its from the cylinoid... what...
  9. WTB carb

looking for a carb thats in need of a rebuild or that is freshly rebuild. not looking to spend much. willing to take any carb that is a 2 BBL that will bolt on the 85 2.8
  10. ford 5.4 swap?

hey, first off im sure that someone might have already posted this and or thought of it but im looking for a quick responce from somebody. For starters I have a 93 ford ranger, i just put a bunch of money in it and im looking to turn it in to a pre runner. it will done slowly, not a weekend...
  11. 93 4.0 smoken like no tomorrow at times

ok so i have the 93 4.0 for some time, was rebuild in 05 and claimed to only have 25K on it. i just put a trans in it this spring, has about 4-500 miles on it and now its smoking like a sun of a gun some time, but its hit and miss... everynow and then it will just really smoke, it does it if i...
  12. low end mods/ valve questions

ok so what would be some lower end mods that i could do my self? i have a 84 ranger with a 85 2.8 in it. I've had some odd problems with them but i never see to find them for sure, they just go away. The carb i have needs a rebuild, bad... and i know thats only like 30 bucks to get it but how...
  13. 93 4.0 going weird...

so i got this 93 i'm gonna try to sell soon but the trans is acting up... the first time i drive it for the day it doesnt like to shift but once i get it to shift all the gears then it shifts fine... it doesnt change gears untill you hit about 2500... and it stays in OD till your going about 45...
  14. 93 4.0 trans help

ok so i got this 93 from a guy that lived next door to my gramp. really nice guy, the motor just was rebuild with 30K on it, no the trans is starting to go out, im not sure if its the trans or the shift sensor... when its cold( the truck not weather) it doesnt want to shift, so i man. shift...
  15. 87 diesel?

did they make a diesel ranger in 87? i found a project one by me for 750 the body on the diesel is junk but theres another parts truck that comes with it with a good gas motor and trans but its a2wd and the diesel is a 4wd so he says... is there a 4x4 diesel or no... i thoght they were all...
  16. ok guys need help

ok so i have 2 rangers... a 93 and a 84 im takin the 93 to a local shop cause i lost my brakes but the 84 i dont want to take to a shop i want to get it running by my own... when you get her warmed up she has a skip to her... if it was a 2 cyl it would be on the #2 fire so i would be missin 3 im...
  17. need help bad!

hey guys... im tryin to sell my 84 2.8 and a friend wants it... he drove it tonight and it started to like miss a lot... but its only in 3 4 5 gears... 1 and 2 are ok... i dont know what it is... i was thinking its the plug wires. plugs fuel pump fuel filter or the carb... anyone else have this...
  18. suspension and drive shafts..

hey guys... need some input Im thinking about putting a cummins 4BT 3.9 L in my 1984 ranger... they said they can put out about 500 HP only a couple hundred stock... but i didnt know if stock drive shafts would hold up... looking to keep it a 4x4 as well... also is there a spring kit that would...
  19. removal of the fan on a SOHC 4.0...

ok so i F'ed over on this 4.0 and the timing chain tensor is toasted... i need to get the front cover off but i cant get the fan off... how do you do it? also is there a alum or after market intake set up that would replace the plastic part on the intake after the butterfly...
  20. diesel or SHOC ranger swap? any help?

ok so i have a 84 ford ranger that i've been trying to sell for a long time and it wont sell so im not gonna give it away... but over all the trucks in nice shape.. the motor is a 2.8 it burns oil and was a swap.... had a 2.2 or a 2.4 in it from the factory... the 2.8 has seen better days and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad