• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Colorado vs Ranger

I bought a 2007 Colorado extended cab, Z71 2wd 4 cyl.. taller tires and off road suspension. I hate it, way underpowered compared to a 4 cyl Ranger. Both have the same gear ratio and both are manual. Why does the Ranger have so much more power? Dumping this GM pic of crap and going back to...
  2. EGR valve 2008

Can anyone tell me where the hell my EGR valve is on my 2008 Ranger 2.3 Duratech engine? WTF?????
  3. inner fender well..

I bought a used 2008 Ranger, its missing the inner fender guards/wheel wells. The 2 plastic shrouds on the inner fender separating the wheel compartment from the suspension and/or engine area. Anyone have a source?
  4. 2008 Duratec noise

Got a 2008 automatic Ranger and get a "whirring" noise when on the gas really noticable at 50 and up. I'm hoping it might just need a tranny cleaning and new oil? Possibly coming from the pumpkin? Only does it under load when my foot is on the gas. As soon as I let off, no noise. So, it...
  5. 2008 rear springs flattened out

I bought a 2008 Ranger with high miles 75K. Truck is great except for the rear leaf springs have flattened out. My first thought is replacement or can they be resprung somehow? JC Whitney doesnt list them for my truck. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
  6. 2008 Duratec cold rev

Hi guys, When my truck is cold, it revs a bit before calming down to about 1500 rpm's, then I shift. Is this normal? Is there a fix?
  7. Driving/fog lamp install on 2008 XL Ranger

Can you just plug and play new driving/fog lamps in the front cowl of a 2008 XL Ranger? If not, what do you need? Replace the headlight switch? Relay? Etc.?
  8. 2008 Ranger driving light install

My '08 ranger didnt come with driving lights. As a matter of fact, its missing the louvers in the front cowl too. I bought it used. So, to put the lights in, is it plug and play or a total wiring job?
  9. Going from Lima to Duratec

Is it worth dumping my 2001 Lima 2.5 to a Duratec 2.3? Thi 2.5 is really gutless!!!! I want a bit more power without too much suffering at the pump....
  10. 6 cyl. vs. 4 cyl. 2003

I have a chance to buy a 6 cyl. 3.0. I hear the mpg is lowsy but I tow with it a few times a year. I currently have a 2001 4 banger and its way underpowered. Will a 2.3L Duratec 4 cyl. pull when I need it to or should I go for the 6 cyl. I can buy a 2003 6 cyl. with only 21K on it for 9K.
  11. 2000 Ranger 2.5 clutch question(again)

I have a 2000 Ranger 2.5 with 107,000 on it. My question is this, the clutch still works, did the 3rd gear test on it, no slipping. But, all the clutch activity is at the very end of the pedal stroke. The fluid level is good and no leaking going on that I can see. Anyone have the same...
  12. Milage....

Truck mileage is 104K
  13. 2000 2.5L clutch question

2000 2.5L Ranger. Noticing clutch catching at very top of pedal stroke. All my Rangers have had the clutch catch at the end of the pedal stroke but this is even farther. Worn clutch or what? Fluid down, bad slave or master cylinder? How do I diagnose?
  14. 2000 Ranger cluster swapout problem

I traded a cluster including a tach for my cluster. Everything worked but the odometer. The speedo worked but not the odometer or trip odometer, anyone know why for sure? Does it need to be reflashed? For now, I put the original back in and everything works. Chances are slim that the...
  15. New cluster - odometer doesnt work

I put in a new cluster in my 2000 2.5 Ranger. Put it in for the tach. Problem is, everything seemed plug and play, but the odometer doesnt work. Any thoughts? Does the computer need to be reset somehow? The cluster is from a 1999.:bawling:
  16. cluster swap on 2000 Ranger

Can you swap out a non tach equipped cluster on a 2000 Ranger for one with a tach, without reprogramming the computer etc.? I tried to search this but couldnt fine the answer. Will the tach plug be there on my harness?
  17. 2000 Ranger - Gutless Wonder

I have a 2000 Ranger extended cab with a 2.5L engine. It is manual transmition and lacks power. I do love my Ranger though and have not been without one since 1989. Any thoughts on this engine?
  18. Gutless Wonder

My 2004 extended cab is a gutless wonder. Sometimes I cant believe how little power it has. Does anyone notice the same? I dont jump on the rpm's much though, seems like the fuel consumption increases as I rev her up. Kinda defeats the purpose of a 4 banger vs. a 6, mileage isnt that great...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad