• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Engine 'tapping' noise?

I changed the the oil on my '93 2.3L first with 10x40 and ever since, I have had what sounds like a clicking lifter or two but only warm at an idle. I then changed oil again to 20x50 with a pint of Rislone and no change. Engine runs great. I doubt the valve cover has ever been off. Could there...
  2. Simple 'no start' fix!

Twice my 2.3 failed me: just cranked then realized I didn't hear the fuel pump. Tried the simplest things first; fuses OK so I put in a new relay for 5 bucks. Bingo! Seems like this is a common for a lot of vehicles and often overlooked. My $0.02
  3. 'notchy' just doesn't feel smooth

My new/used tranny and clutch are in. My test ride says the clutch seems just right (disengages mid-way) but, the initial push into any gear while sitting is a tough push. As if the syncros are not doin their job. Is there adjustments on the top of the tranny that would make it act this way? I...
  4. shift lever (ball) removal?

shift lever knob removal? IMPOSSIBLE Hi again folks. Seems I have to swap my shift lever from a donor transmission I installed. It works fine but I need the boot off and can't figure how to pull the little ball/handle! It appears to just slide on to the shaft splines but I can't get a grip on...
  5. Fresh out of ideas to install my 5spd !

YOUR ideas to install my 5spd worked! I have read the threads and posts: My M50D gets 3/4" or so from bolting up. I've bled the pressure off the slave, turned the output shaft till I feel the splines mesh, cleared the gap of any cables/lines, spent hours lifting/twisting/pushing. Nothing...
  6. '93 & 2000 M5R1/M50D-R1 the same??

New here. You Ford guys (well, I guess I am now too) should know; I can buy a good 2000 4cyl backed 5 spd tranny for my 1993 4cyl/5 spd. Is this a straight bolt-in Saturday swap? Are all the 5 speeds the same if hooked to a 4 banger? Mine howls horrible when decelerating. Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad