• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Engine Oil Dipstick Help

Well, I scored a set of Pacesetter headers for my '06 FX4 4.0 SOHC and I've snapped the engine oil dipstick right down by the o-ring. Luckily the whole tube came out of the block and nothing dropped into the oil pan. Anybody heard of that happening? Should I replace it with a new one or...
  2. RBV Transmission Crossmember

Happy New Year guys! Not sure where to put this question but- has anyone else drilled and bolted their transmission crossmember to the frame to get rid of the bushing sag and driveline slop? I've done it before so just curious if it was a common knowledge item since I haven't seen a tech article...
  3. Engine build question

Has anyone ever heard of the term- valve free drop?
  4. Fan clutch size?

Does anyone know what size the fan clutch is on the 2.9? Thanks :beer:
  5. 7.5 woes

First off- I have a new vibration/ growl combination going on under the truck. It's not u-joints or binding of any kind (it's totally stock). I'm using Royal Purple Max Gear in the diff as I have for years with no issues. So, what would you guys consider to be too much weight for a 7.5 equipped...
  6. V8 Swap Scenarios

Alrighty- As you may have guessed my 2.9 has left signs on the driveway that it's about done being beaten. What do you guys think as a swap/ fix plan: I take a F-150 truck running gear minus axles (engine,trans,xfer) and stuff it in my Ranger? I figure if I'm going to replace my 2.9 why put...
  7. Mountaineer Mystery

Need your help guys!!! Been trying to do some research on a future project to build a driver/trail truck like my B2 was before I sold it thanks to deploying. I've been looking at the later model Explorers and Mountaineers with the V8s. I've found several that are very affordable with all the...
  8. Opinions on which RBV to buy

I’ve owned several B2s over the years; one of which I kept for 7 years but I had to deploy again and the wife wouldn’t put up with it sitting in the driveway for 15 months again. My 86 served as my DD and my off-road basher quite well and it honestly kept up with Rubicons that were built. I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad