• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Mercedez 5Cyl Turbo Swap

I have an 89 Ranger with teh 2.9l V6 guttless wander and a freind has a 85 Mercedez 300d that the car is givving up but the engine is still strong and gets 35 mpg. I was thinking of buyin the car from him and install both the engine and tranny from the car. I'm wonderin hoe difficult is this...
  2. 89 2.9 ->99 4.0???

I have a 89 ranger w/ 2.9 and i found a 4.0 from a 99 explorer. I'm curoius about the switch from OBDI-> OBDII and computer issues or other issues with the swap in?
  3. Obdi ->obdii ????

I'm looking at switching my engine from a '89 2.9L V6 (OBDI) to a '99 4.0L V6 (OBDII) what does that do to my interior systems/newer computer if it doesn't have connections to auto locks and ABS brake sys and other features, will it freak out the computer????? and make the engine run baddly or...
  4. A4LD overhaul

I blew up my A4LD over Christmas break after a new engine overhaul on a 2.9 v6. needing advice on over haul of Tranny now. I only want to rebuild it once, I've done an AXOD (front wheel drive in 86-91 Taurus) 3x w/o success and an AX4N (95 ish Taurus) 4x got it working on the last run, I'd like...
  5. M5OD bellhousing

I have 89 ranger xlt w/ 2.9 v6 I'm trying to do a tranny swap from auto to manual and all the info and pics that I find of the M5OD suggest that the tranny is the same regaurdless of the engine infront of it unless it is the 4.0v6 then the 1-3 gear ratios are higher. I found a parts truck with...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad