• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 88rangr

Looking for new or aftermarket Valve covers for a longblock

Hello all, I have a rebuilt longblock 2.9L, I want to buy new , aftermarket or good used valve covers, any help is appreciated, have tried to find online, but no luck yet Thank you!
  2. 88rangr

1988 Ranger 2.9L emissions fail, low idle miss

Hello fellow Ranger owners, I failed emissions. I have replaces and corrected. Plugs Wires Cap Rotor Set timing I pass the 30 mph test, but fail the idle test, hydrocarbons are elevated, obvious miss in cylinder. What else would you check or replace, all new sensors but the TPS. Thanks for...
  3. 88rangr

2000 Ranger Passive key problem

Hello all, Helping a friend who lost the one key for the ignition with passive anti theft, I had gotten a copy of it for the door so we could unlock door. Merles Auto has a new key+cylinder, but how do we program the key to start the Ranger, is there a way if you do that without going to Ford...
  4. 88rangr

1988 Ranger 2.9 L Bogs down

This 88 has 236,000 miles on her, having problem with bogging down, but if I can hit the throttle down, it can get by the bogging and run well, replaced the fuel prssure reg and the MAP sensor, is this a dist problem you think? Have not took the battery off to reset the computer yet, should...
  5. 88rangr

86 Ranger 4 cyl Fuel pump keeps running

Hello all, Trying help a Ranger owner. He says he has a 1986 Ranger 4 cyl, he said that the fuel pump keeps running, ignition is off, kills the battery. He did install a Bronco 2 steering column and still does it. Head scratcher for sure!
  6. 88rangr

Tucson Ford Ranger Club on Facebook

Hello Ranger and Bronco II owners in Arizona esp Southern Arizona. I have set up a Like page for Ranger owners, I push TRS and Merles Auto as some of my sources for help and parts. LIke and post a picture of your Ranger! We can help steer more to TRS that way! I run the page, LD Newman...
  7. 88rangr

Timing gear timing

Hello all, I have the new water pump bolted on the cover, and have painted the cover Ford Red! ALso the new gears and chain plus guide and tensioner are on, but wondering about the timing, both marks are correct and pointing at each other, but I did notice that the bottom cog moved with...
  8. 88rangr

Need help removing timing gear cover 2.9L V6

Hello fellow Ranger owners, I am replacing my water pump and while in there, I want to replace the gear and chain set. All the bolts off and balancer off, is there a trick to get the cover off? 1988 Ford Ranger 2.9L V-6 with 230,000 original miles, no rebuild yet! Thanks all! Larry
  9. 88rangr

A4LD tear down video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBNkCTuQ3So great video on teardown of a A4LD, used in Mazda as well as Ranger's
  10. 88rangr

88 Ranger Ignition switch short

I have a 7amp draw that I have down to the wire off the starter relay, it seems to feed the ignition key area of wiring, what is the fix? Fire problem? thank you all! I just replaced the key ignition module in the column and it still is drawing power at 7 amps. Just called Merles Auto here...
  11. 88rangr

A4LD fluid leaking up front at 75MPH

Hello all, I have a problem that seems to erupt on the freeway at around 75, which is 2900-3000 area RPM, it was dripping out and slinging onto the exhaust, when I got off the freeway and the RPM's dropped accordingly, the problem went away, washed it off, put some good sealer in to replace...
  12. 88rangr

Rear Anti-lock light

Hello all, The dash light came on after doing a brake job, I replaced the sensor on the rear axle on top. What else can cause the light to come on, or do I need to check something around the rear brakes? Thanks for all the great help here!
  13. 88rangr

LED's for your Ranger

Hello all, You can replace almost all your regular bulbs with LED, I did all of mine except the headlights and the two Turn signal indicator on the dash, did that to keep the flasher working. I took apart everything in the truck, A/C, shifter, gauges etc. Then all the outside lights, including...
  14. 88rangr

My 88 Ranger

This is my Ranger at night, all LED except the headlights. YES, all, it took a while, but I replaced all incandescent bulbs with LED, so no big deal to leave your running lights on.
  15. 88rangr

2.9L fuel Injection 1988 4X4 Ranger

Hello all, I have replaced the in tank screen and pump, the high pressure pump on my frame rail, it does boot up on turning the key forward, but no real pressure when I poke the schrader valve. Engine turns over fine.. Is the the fuel pressure regulator bad maybe? Full tank of fuel.
  16. 88rangr

Bottom seals on stearing gearbox

Hello fellow Rangers, I am trying to pull the snap ring out of the inside of the gear box, I have the pittman arm off and need to pull the seals as they are leaking power steering fluid. Any good ways to get at it? Anyone has done this fix? Thanks, Larry 88RANGR:dntknw:
  17. 88rangr

88 Ranger Steering gear box leak

I have a leaky stearing gear box, I did pick up a kit, but now how do I get going on replacing the seals just above the arm? Any help is greatly needed.
  18. 88rangr

3.0 L hard starting

We have a 90 Ranger I am helping to work on, with a 3.0 L engine, hard to start, timing was off and loose, I turned it, timed it, bolted it down, started better, but still has long cranking times till starting. Any clues as to what I need to look into? Thank you all

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad