• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. broken dipstick tube in a 4.6l exploder

Hey there, I know this isn't an explorer forum but I thought maybe someone would know the answer to this. I am trying to help a friend repair his explorer. The oil dipstick tube actually snapped in half where the tab is welded on. My question: Once you remove the bolt that holds it to the...
  2. Rear anti sway bar looks off center

Anyone have a pic of their rear axle they can post? I was changing the differential fluid today and noticed my anti sway bar looks a little funky. Are the U bolts normally pointing straight up? Also on one side the clamp is actually on top of the side of the "pumpkin" If I can I'll post a...
  3. ranger dually????????????

I was in Braselton, Georgia last night and I saw a Ranger with dual rear wheels and flared fenders just like a full size dually. Unfortunately I was driving and couldnt get a picture. It was either a 1989 or 1990. Looked cool! Anyone else ever seen/heard of one? No doubt its custom!
  4. dana 35 torque spec

anyone know the torque spec for the wheel bearing nut on a dana 35 axle? Also, do you torque it to spec and turn back 1/4 turn? Thanks, Geoff
  5. replacing spindle bearings

I need to replace the spindle bearings on my 1990 B2. It has a Dana 35 front axle. This started as just replacing the wheel bearings because the right front wheel felt a little shaky. I couldnt get to the wheel bearings because I dont have the hub tool to remove the giant locknut. After...
  6. driveshaft replacement

My '90 b2 has a double cardan driveshaft. It has the 2.9 and 5speed man.(fm146) I found a '90 ext cab ranger at the junkyard with a 2.9 and auto trans. Will the driveshaft from the ranger bolt right into my b2? :icon_confused:
  7. seat retrofit question

:DI found a great pair of bucket seats in an Aerostar minivan. Does anyone know if they will bolt to my seat brackets. I have a '90 B2. Thanks.
  8. Cash for Clunkers sucks!!!

:pissedoff: So I'm at the junkyard yesterday. They have a sign outside that the C.A.R.S. are here. This is referencing the vehicles traded in on the cash for clunkers program. I was excited to see a bunch of Explorers and Rangers that were not there the last time I was there. Walking around...
  9. power window won't go up

Driving home tonite on a beautiful North Carolina evening I had the windows down and the radio cranked up...all was well in the world:yahoo: I pulled in the driveway, turned off the radio and the power window on the driver side will not go back up. Passenger side works fine but the drivers...
  10. oil pressure question

I just put a mechanical oil pressure gauge on the B2. At start up pressure is right around 50 which to me seems normal. After driving around a few miles the pressure drops to about 22 psi at idle. Is this a normal condition for 2.9 engines? If not, any suggestions?:icon_confused:
  11. Sticky gears in a FM146

I backed out of a parking spot today and went to shift into 1st but it would not slide into gear----or any other gear for that matter. I had to shut off the engine, shift into first and restart the engine. My bronco seemed to shift ok after that but it seems the clutch may not be fully...
  12. air conditioning doesn't work

I have a 1990 B2 with 2.9l engine. I don't know much about air cond systems since most of the vehicles I have owned never had air. When I turn the air on the clutch on the front of the air cond pump does not spin. I pulled the plug off the air cond pump and with the switch on there is no...
  13. upholstery

Does anyone know of a company who makes seat foam? I have a 1990 Bronco2 and the drivers seat foam has lost its comfort. The seats and interior are in very good condition and I hate to trash them. Suggestions? Thanks, Geoff:icon_thumby:
  14. valve cover gaskets

I have an annoying oil leak that appears to be coming from the valve covers. I bought new gaskets and autozone guy said to use permatex black as well. Any thoughts on whether to use permatex on both sides of the gasket or just one? Are the bolts on the valves covers a royal pain in the ding...
  15. valve cover gaskets

I have an annoying oil leak which appears to originate at the valve covers. Seems like this is common with 2.9 motors. I bought new gaskets and the autozone guy said to use permatex black. Any thoughts on using permatex on both sides of the gasket, or just one and if only one side does it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad