• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. question for machinists/performance minded ppl

well i have a leaking head gasket (or so i hope im losing antifreeze and you can smell it from the exhaust, no physical leaks) and am looking into getting another head installing a cam/valves/porting/shaving it for a lil more umph since i have the head off anyway. looking into the compupro...
  2. what would it take...

what would it take to make a truck drift spec? any suggestions? most cars use coilover front and rear shocks with all wheel independent suspension. i dont think anybody has ever done a drift truck and i want to see what it would take and possibly take on that task. im thinking 4 point link...
  3. new shocks and loss of ride height what to do?

ok this is an odd one on me. i have a 92 2.3 2wd ranger, had a bottoming/body roll issue. look at the shocks, they are bottomed/blown and the cheapest gabriels autozoo has to offer. i had redone my brakes/front wheel bearings in the past due to camber issue and the tires had correct camber...
  4. any experience with this thing?

was digging around and found what looks to be a decent tuning solution for eec4 engines. any experience with the tweecer unit? (www.tweecer.com) looks like you can adjust anything in the ecu with a plug in unit and of course an external wideband, i may try this in the future with my 2.3 engine...
  5. what is this im reading?

okay you guys remember me? lol anyway i have a 93 3.0 4wd ranger that i retired and was going to do a turbo 3.3 stroker to. well i purchased a 92 2.3 ranger and it has taken all my money slowly restoring since the previous owners beat the living dog mess out of her. i.e. new rear end gears, new...
  6. eec4 to eec5 swap?

want to build a new motor and tune it out myself, however not much options tuning my eec4 92 ranger 2.3. since all your tuners are designed for the 95up eec5 computer setup, and if i had a donor vehicle (jy parts rob 10:1...) how hard would it be to convert the eec4 harness and computer to the...
  7. question on model parts swap

was looking the other day at my younger brothers 92 ford tempo 2.3, and noticed the intake manifold was much nicer and more direct than the ranger 2.3 that goes over the valve cover, its the same lima 2.3 from what i noticed, has anybody tried bolting one of these on a ranger to change the...
  8. how legit is this mod?

was looking for tech specs on the 2.3 (chamber cc, deck clearance etc...) and stumbled upon what looks like an amateur mod, looks interesting but idk if it will actually do anything without reprogramming or chipping the computer...have a gander and tell me what you think...
  9. stuck contemplating, input and suggestions requested/appreciated

heres the rundown: i hav a 92 ranger 2wd 2.3 m50d supercab that im slowly rebuilding, chassis/brakes and driveline are approx 60 percent complete, looking into building a longblock and dropping in her. going to rebuild for more power without boosting (nothing against it but this is my dd and...
  10. was at the junkyard...

was at the junkyard and seen a 94 nissan 240sx engine and trans practically complete donor car and said that looks like a hell of a sweet project idea esp for a replacement engine in a blown up 2wd standard 2.3 ranger...nebody ever seen that one done?
  11. headswap question

was digging around the local junkyard for mirrors and air filter adapter off of contour for my round air filter. was digging around and noticed that on the 99 contours they had a twincam head and the cam cap said zetec 16 valve. is that the newer duratec based engine or is this a newer style...
  12. 3.0 to 4.0 SOHC swap

it was told to me today that at a ford dealership a 4.0 sohc was swapped into a 3.0 ranger, 04 edge model 2wd manual transmission w/o having to change the transmission, how true is that? all of my research shows that the 3.0 vulcan only has a compatible bolt pattern w/ a front wheel drive 3.8...
  13. k&n filter adapter addendum

i was digging for information regarding my 2.3 and was noticing in the tech library there was an article that showed how to build a k&n air filter adapter. the method shown was to use a toilet flange and cut it out, i have done in the past and still have on my new to me ranger an easier...
  14. chevy rods?!?!

was digging thru the custom piston catalogs (wanting to go to flat top forged pistons and shaving her to 11:1 when i rebuild...) and found an odd piston in the srp pinto and wiseco books, when i looked it up on summit it says that the pistons are for 5.7" chevy rod custom applications, can...
  15. Body roll/Replacement springs advice...

Okay on my 92 ranger 2wd extended cab 2.3 w/ the dreaded i beam front end...i have a problem i would like to rectify! when making turns and corners above 20mph my body on my trk rolls like you wouldnt believe, about 6 inches or so sometimes, and my rear end likes to sway (tire outside of...
  16. How much advance?

Hello ppl been awhile since ive been on here but always know i can get good advice here. i changed my timing belt a few weeks ago and i guess the belt needed time to stretch into place, the marks on the cam were a half a tooth off (advanced) when i installed it, now they are where they should...
  17. ignorant question...(engine swap)

so i was digging thru wikipedia and noticed the dif (and lovely) hp and torque numbers on the lima ohc 2.3 motor and the duratec 2.3 motor. 40 more horse and an updated valvetrain plus all the neat stuff for a fuktus got me thinking...(scary i know) since the duratec 2.0/2.3/2.5 motor is the...
  18. oil pressure question

was out at my fiances shed where my old 3.0 ranger is parked, per the oil sending unit i have little to no oil pressure and the last real drive i was on i lost a few cylinders. this is my question, every time i drove or warmed it up to keep the fuel going in the system i run on all cylinders...
  19. 5th gear m50d question

on my 92 ranger 2.3 m50d, when i go from 4th to 5th its a lil dif to put in, and pops out but goes thru the rest of the gears no prob. 5th was fine but starting to act stupid. this is a jy tranny out of a 97 b2300 that was wrecked just to be clear, the original tranny was busted by the previous...
  20. folvo head question

ill be posting this in the turbo section as well since this is usually a turbo type upgrade but ill ask here as well. im looking for a lil more balls out of my 2.3, i found a few unmodified volvo heads, these heads are supposed to breath better and open up the motor some more. my plan is to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad