• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. koa's93ranger

Moving axle forward... questions

So im finally to the steering portion of my build. currently my dana44 is tacked in place at 5" forward from stock. im gonna be running high steer on my setup. i know 3" is the ideal limit for axle movement to work correctly. but ive seen some guys on here go as far as 7" with stock steering box...
  2. koa's93ranger

koa's 93 ranger build

Finally starting my long overdue build thread. Stuck at work right now so pictures will come soon. I found this gem hidden in a kids front yard at the base of the mountain.he didnt know what he had and what it was worth, and neither did i at the moment. got it for only $2,300 and 72,000 miles...
  3. koa's93ranger

Is it safe to cut this nub off my rear d60?

This nub held the bracket for the rear sway bar. Can it be cut off or will I have a huge gaping hole afterward? On a side note...how's the cleanliness look? I'm frustrated that I've been wire wheeling for over an hr and degreasing for 2 hrs and it doesn't look brand new. Does this look clean...
  4. koa's93ranger

sas fron leaf spring chevy 52" questions

ok guys, im stuck. been searching for months and havent found the info im looking for. everyone runs the 44044 leafs which i didnt want to do because i figured that chevy 52s would have more travel than waggy 44s or whatever length they are. cant find a single person who has done chevy 52s in...
  5. koa's93ranger

what other rbv spindle will work for a 93?

well, looks like my bearings blew up again. some of you may remember my thread about 2 monhs ago about my wheel bearing welding itself to the spindle. it seems that the spindle is bad, causing bearing failure. i called the junkyard and it seems that they do not have any 4x4 rangers available. so...
  6. koa's93ranger

New idea for my homemade steering. Whatcha think?

Seen a few ppl do this. Seems strong enough but what about my variation. Think of using this same design, but instead of a rod end, use the gm tie rod insert to attach a tre. I could go with the rod end but I figure the tre would have less slop and last longer. Not sure whether I should just...
  7. koa's93ranger

wheel bearing welded itself to spindle

last night my bearing blew up on me, simple fix? hell no! took it apart today. looks like the wheel bearing got welded to the spindle. never seen this before. and no one has this part in town. cant even find it online. anyone know where i can get this part from in a hurry, possibly overnight...
  8. koa's93ranger

Sas brake lines

When doing a Dana 44 swap, I don't see a single person talking about the brake line portion of their build. Is it a non issue? Do the brake lines really line up that easily that it doesn't even need to be discussed? I don't know a damn thing about brakes. I have extended steel braided lines for...
  9. koa's93ranger

dana 44 bent tie rod???

was tossing up the idea of using the stock tie rod after i do my sas temporarily untill i get around to the full crossover. i dont have another full size truck here to compare to so im hoping someone may know off the top of their head...is the tie rod supposed to have this bend in it or not...
  10. koa's93ranger

dana 44 question

im curious as to why 90% of sas use the EB axle with the wedge style? ive been searching and searching and cant seem to find someone who did a swap with a non wedge mounted axle. if anyone has pics, please help. i have a 79 f250 hp axle and i cant determine how i am going to mount my arms to the...
  11. koa's93ranger

having trouble removing hydraulic clutch line

I'm trying to replace my transmission today. Got everything unbolted and harness un clipped. Ready to by dropped down. I ran into a major issue removing the clutch line. Apparenly I'm missing the plastic collar that goes into the slave cylinder coupling. I tried everything to release that lock...
  12. koa's93ranger

what springs can be swapped out?

Last winter I installed a 5.5 superlift. It looked great at first but I also wanted to add the steel washer spacer. I waited to let the springs settle for about a year now. But now the truck sags so low that it looks like a 4 inch lift. I don't know why. Instead of replacing the springs with new...
  13. koa's93ranger

anyone running 36" tires on a 5.5" superlift???

just picked up a set of 36x12.5x15 super swamper tsl. will it fit with my lift? im running 15x12 rim and i hope that it will stretch the tire, making it shorter. it measures 34.5" with it not even mounted. anyone have this wheel and lift combo or something close to it so i can see if its even...
  14. koa's93ranger

need guidance on lifting my rear end

just put a 5.5" superlift and the rear came with 3.5" blocks. multiple issues...my stock leaf is now bent upside down and i dont know why its doing that since it looked fine before the lift block. it also gave me horrible axle wrap last night while testing out the lift for the first time in the...
  15. koa's93ranger

Steering box leaking from the top???

i just installed a 5.5 superlift and ever since then my steering box leaks from the bolt on the top of the box. it leaks right at the seal where the bolt touches the cover. it never leaked before. i was told its because of the lift and tires, but im running the same size tires(31x11.5x15). its...
  16. koa's93ranger

what fenders bolt right up and are interchangable?

i have stock 93 fenders on my truck. my friend has flared fenders on his 2002. he wants stock ones and i want flared ones. do the bolts all line up between these years? will the body lines match up?
  17. koa's93ranger

rough country lift question

i found a lift kit on craigslist of a 4" rough country lift kit. it fits 83-97 2wd rangers. i have a 93 4wd ranger. will it fit? whats the difference between the 2wd and 4wd kit. i would assume theyre both the same since its just a drop bracket kit. heres the link...
  18. koa's93ranger

leds in turn signals???

anyone use leds in their turn signals? i had a friend who put them in an 05 ranger and they look good and flash twice as fast as the stock bulbs. does this work for all rangers? i have a 93. if so, which bulbs do i get?
  19. koa's93ranger

4wd billet grille question

ok so im about to order a billet grille for my 93 4wd. from what i can see in photos, id have to order the upper velance from a 2wd stock grille in order to fill that gap between the billet grille and the hood. is this correct? or am i missing something. i have included 2 pictures to explain...
  20. koa's93ranger

weird overheating issues. coolant bursted out of the rear???

ok. so today i was driving home from work. everything was fine, temp guage was just where it usually is. when i shut my truck off, there was a massive amount of coolant pouring out from under my truck. assuming i blew a hose, i popped the hood. but odly the coolant was shooting out from the rear...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad