• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. koa's93ranger

Moving axle forward... questions

So im finally to the steering portion of my build. currently my dana44 is tacked in place at 5" forward from stock. im gonna be running high steer on my setup. i know 3" is the ideal limit for axle movement to work correctly. but ive seen some guys on here go as far as 7" with stock steering box...
  2. koa's93ranger

Drag link?

After many many pages of research for my own build, I strongly suggest against the taper inserts. The hole would be so big that your pitman arm and knuckles would be very weak. I was going to go this route but knowledgable gurus have advised me against it and have saved me from having to replace...
  3. koa's93ranger

koa's 93 ranger build

Finally starting my long overdue build thread. Stuck at work right now so pictures will come soon. I found this gem hidden in a kids front yard at the base of the mountain.he didnt know what he had and what it was worth, and neither did i at the moment. got it for only $2,300 and 72,000 miles...
  4. koa's93ranger

Is it safe to cut this nub off my rear d60?

So I can just hammer the crap out of it? It didn't look welded. How big is the hole going to be?
  5. koa's93ranger

Nothing is going in its place but I wanted a nice clean bare axle. And there's no mud where I live, just rocks. And yes it will be at car shows since I enter it into sound comps
  6. koa's93ranger

This nub held the bracket for the rear sway bar. Can it be cut off or will I have a huge gaping hole afterward? On a side note...how's the cleanliness look? I'm frustrated that I've been wire wheeling for over an hr and degreasing for 2 hrs and it doesn't look brand new. Does this look clean...
  7. koa's93ranger

sas fron leaf spring chevy 52" questions

crap, i think my gen ranger has a steeper slope in the frame so that means im gonna need like an 8" or 9" drop. gonna have to find a buddy with a newer ranger to compare our frames. thank you for the measurement. now i have a good reference to start off from. think im gonna steal dieselsmoke's...
  8. koa's93ranger

The rough country says it has a 7.5" arch and the 44044 says it has a 6.58" arch. Shouldn't that make a difference? And ya those measurements would be much appreciated. Just need to know how low your front spring bolt is from the bottom of the frame
  9. koa's93ranger

what do you think about the 3" leaf i just posted? would it give me a slightly better lift? i like the height you have but my hanger will be welded to a 2x4 so i think you have more hanger drop than me. do you happen to have that measurment?
  10. koa's93ranger

what about wagoneer 3" lift leafs? anyone have any experience with those? this seems like a killer deal. $180 a PAIR! https://www.4wdfactory.com/store/products.php?product=Rough-Country-Jeep-J10%2C-J20%2C-Wagoneer-3%22-Lift-Front-Leaf-Springs-%28Pair%29
  11. koa's93ranger

honestly though, how horrible is the ride with front shackles? gonna be street driven. i know kage has serious problems with it. is flex worth the trade off for crappy street ride quality with front shackle 52s. or does the 44044 flex good enough that i wouldnt notice a difference?
  12. koa's93ranger

haha just the guy i as looking for. just saw that you finished your build and was gonna send you a pm. did you have any issues with your pinion with how long your shackles are? are you using shims?
  13. koa's93ranger

oh ya...another question i had. that angle on the frame, is it the same across all years? seems like the ifs rangers have less of a slope than ttb rangers, whish would mean that my drop brackets would have to be even longer. is that about right?
  14. koa's93ranger

ok guys, im stuck. been searching for months and havent found the info im looking for. everyone runs the 44044 leafs which i didnt want to do because i figured that chevy 52s would have more travel than waggy 44s or whatever length they are. cant find a single person who has done chevy 52s in...
  15. koa's93ranger

what other rbv spindle will work for a 93?

well, looks like my bearings blew up again. some of you may remember my thread about 2 monhs ago about my wheel bearing welding itself to the spindle. it seems that the spindle is bad, causing bearing failure. i called the junkyard and it seems that they do not have any 4x4 rangers available. so...
  16. koa's93ranger

New idea for my homemade steering. Whatcha think?

Seen a few ppl do this. Seems strong enough but what about my variation. Think of using this same design, but instead of a rod end, use the gm tie rod insert to attach a tre. I could go with the rod end but I figure the tre would have less slop and last longer. Not sure whether I should just...
  17. koa's93ranger

How to: Easy dana 70 swap in 98ranger

aaaahahaha :icon_rofl: harsh
  18. koa's93ranger

wheel bearing welded itself to spindle

last night my bearing blew up on me, simple fix? hell no! took it apart today. looks like the wheel bearing got welded to the spindle. never seen this before. and no one has this part in town. cant even find it online. anyone know where i can get this part from in a hurry, possibly overnight...
  19. koa's93ranger

Sas brake lines

When doing a Dana 44 swap, I don't see a single person talking about the brake line portion of their build. Is it a non issue? Do the brake lines really line up that easily that it doesn't even need to be discussed? I don't know a damn thing about brakes. I have extended steel braided lines for...
  20. koa's93ranger

dana 44 bent tie rod???

was tossing up the idea of using the stock tie rod after i do my sas temporarily untill i get around to the full crossover. i dont have another full size truck here to compare to so im hoping someone may know off the top of their head...is the tie rod supposed to have this bend in it or not...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad