• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. link040188

sweet new old ranger

hey guys I just picked up a 1998 ranger xlt 4dr 2.5l 5speed i'll be posting pics soon but wanted to know what kind of maintenance I should check up on its got 186k the previous owner was the first owner!!!:yahoo: he has been changing the oil every 3000 and replaced all 8 plugs at 100k no major...
  2. link040188

Caterpillar diesel swap

so i was thinking i want to put a light duty diesel into my ranger and i want something american not german so i thought cat i logged on to their official site and saw the 3.4 line and was wondering if this would work in my truck. obviously i would need to find a way to boost the horsepower up...
  3. link040188

94 4.0 idle speed

so i was wondering what the idle speed for a 94 4.0 auto is because i think mine is really low in drive it idles around 500 to 600 rpm and in park 600 to 700. could be a dumb question but i feel like it used to idle higher.:icon_confused:
  4. link040188

4.6 2 valve v8 in the new f-150 ?

4.6 2 valve v8 in the new f-150 is it a good engine. i know its the base engine but im looking for a dd that will be able to tow my 94 ranger to the trails. and i want to know if anyone has any info on this engine how reliable is it?
  5. link040188

what should i get with my hard earned money

so i cant deside what to get i need help eventually i want them all but what should i get now
  6. link040188

visor repair

so i have decided that my newly removed sun visor needs to be fixed. since i really like it:icon_welder: i epoxied the broken pieces back on but i dont trust that to hold by itself so im also gonna wrap it with a fiberglass patch and to put it on the truck forget about tap screws im putting nuts...
  7. link040188

carwash damage

hey has anyone ever dealt with a car wash damaging their truck i went into a car wash last night and it ripped the sun-visor off the roof of my truck i got the managers number but he is not in until tuesday
  8. link040188

body lift

so im gonna put in a body lift and new body mounts on my 94 ford ranger 4x4. i have read the page in the tech library but im still not quite sure about everything. do i need to cut the washers off the bolt or am i cutting the metal sleeve inside the old rubber mounts. and also the kit that is...
  9. link040188

Dual gas tank ranger?

so i saw one two years ago at an auto shop i worked at back then the guy said it was a 1988 the spare was in the bed and it had two gas tanks with a switch in the cab to switch between the two tanks but i havent see one since does anyone know about this truck?
  10. link040188

ranger tow rig

will a new 4.0 ranger be enough to tow my 4.0 4x4 to the trail?:icon_confused:
  11. link040188

4.0 mas swap from 94 to 96

i have a 1994 4.0 ranger how difficult would it be to swap the mas from a 1996 ranger into mine i ask because i swaped the air intake and my mass dosent line up is their a problem with switching it can i just take the sensor from mine and put it in a housing from a 96 please help
  12. link040188

the beginning of the end

So strange title well i thought it was appropriate since this is my first step to turning this daily driver to a worthy trail rig thus ending its dd days. i will be posting whenever i acquire parts or do any work towards making this a better off road truck my first task is bringing me a step...
  13. link040188

96 airbox on a 94 mas

so i have a rigged up intake tube using the stock box and some dryer tubeing to bring in air from outside the engine bay. sry no pics i'll post some tommoro i got a tube and box (cylinder) from a 96 explorer what is the best way to hook up my mas to the new box.
  14. link040188

shift kits?

i have a 1994 4.0 4x4 and i was wondering if anyone knows about a auto tranny shift kit for my truck i thought it was the stock tranny but mine doesn't look like the pics of the A4LD on the tranny id page in the tech library :icon_confused: (just saw the note at the bottom of the section thats...
  15. link040188

snorkel basics

so im looking into a snorkel for my 94 ranger what else should i do besides the snorkel to prepare the engine to be under water (mud)
  16. link040188

rabs valve switch closed

so i did the dignostic test on my rabs and got a code four which i learned means my rabs valve switch is closed. how do i remedy the situation
  17. link040188

electric ranger?

i know ford made one but i was wondering if it is somthing someone could do in their driveway
  18. link040188

94 Ranger RABS Diagnostic Connector Location

i have heard of this elusive connector but no pics and i cant find it most posts make reference to the clutch but i have an auto could some one show me a diagram or pic or be more specific as to its location
  19. link040188

radiator trouble

i keep filling my rad up with 50/50 and its all disappearing. their are no puddles on the floor under the truck and and the fluid just drains out of the tank even after i top off the rad but its not just leaking out of the reserve tank cuz their are no puddles under the car
  20. link040188

1994 4.0 upgrades

so i,ve seen a couple threads about bolt on mods for rangers but most deal with new rangers like 2000+ i was wondering if i could get some input on a 1994 4.0 i have a cat-back exhaust and thats basically it i dont need a whole lot of power i just enjoy working on my truck but i dont know what...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad