• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Hagan

Brake booster upgrade?

My stock '86 brake booster has started leaking. Is there an upgraded booster I can install? I noticed that '86 was the last year of this booster then it's a different part number according to Rockauto. Not sure if the newer ~97 boosters are better and bolt on? Brakes felt fine before but now I'm...
  2. Hagan

Thinking about swapping to EFI?

So I'm thinking about ditching my carb for EFI. I'd really just like to go with a stock Ford setup as they seem petty reliable. I'd prefer to go to OBD II too. Would it be best to just go with an Explorer 5.0 setup as I'm already running the explorer FEAD? No idea where to go from here or...
  3. Hagan

Need headgasket failure help!

I finished working on my gf's car this weekend because she over heated the living f%ck out of it and she wanted to "get home" so she kept driving it until it literally wouldn't run anymore. I'm extremely aggravated at this whole situation because she didn't even bother looking at the...
  4. Hagan

Hagan's '91 Ranger

I picked up this '91 Ranger on Saturday for $500. The previous owner said it had a bad clutch slave cylinder so I trailered it home. It has a 2.3 and 5spd. No options has manual steering. Seems to run ok. I replaced the slave cylinder this weekend and seems to work now. I am planning on a...
  5. Hagan

V8 Radiator recommendations?

I currently have the stock 91-94 Expo radiator in my Ranger with a 302. I've overheated it twice and I feel like it isn't doing its job. I am using the factory gauge which seems to work just fine. I am using a worthless pusher fan in front of the radiator. I admit my problems are most likely...
  6. Hagan

Ford 9" pattern help!

Hey guys, I'm rebuilding my 9" for my '79 Bronco and I feel like I've hit a snag. I'm trying to setup the gears and I'm not sure if I'm happy where it's at. I'm using the thinnest shim I have on the pinion. The backlash is set at .008 and is all around the ring gear. I've checked it multiple...
  7. Hagan

Puff of blue smoke on WOT shift

I noticed today that when I shift at WOT I get a big puff of blue smoke out the exhaust. It's usually after I shift and when I go WOT again. Any ideas what could be causing it? I'm hoping it's something to do with the heads. But not sure how I can diagnose where it's coming from?
  8. Hagan

Crown vic?

Thinking of picking up a Crown Vic for a reliable car for myself. I'm looking at a 2000 p71 that looks like a detectives car. It has 124k miles on it. Seems to be in good shape. What do you think? I'm going to use this car to tow my dirt bikes and trailer (5'x10' flat bed) and maybe some...
  9. Hagan

302 shakes and cuts out?

I'm stumped on ideas of what to try. My 302 won't spin past 3-4k rpm depending on how much I'm getting into it. It starts cutting out and and has a vibration at 2k rpm. I'm worried it's out of balance but I have no idea if it is. I used an Explorer front end accessory drive (fead) and a new...
  10. Hagan

Pinion angle and driveshaft u joint angles?

Its time to build a driveshaft for my Ranger. I'm using a full width 8.8 out of a 92-96 F-150. I've chosen to use an Explorer driveshaft and have it shortened. I was talking to the driveshaft guy and he said that the pinion angle and output flange have to be within 4 degrees of each other. I...
  11. Hagan

Burnt out on projects?

Anybody here get burnt out on their Ranger? Its been a slow long project but I just don't have any drive or desire to finish it. I've had it for like 4 years (longest I've owned a vehicle) and it hasn't run in about 2.5 years. I've dumped a lot of time and money in it and I feel like I can't...
  12. Hagan

Hagan's '86 Ranger build!

This is the start of another build with my Ranger. I'd call it a rebuild, I'm doing it better this time. Ranger Donor truck
  13. Hagan

Engine swap ideas?

I am having a really hard time deciding on an engine for my Ranger. I am going from a 2.3t to something bigger. I would prefer to go with something with carburetor. I don't want to run efi due to the wiring and possible headaches it will cause. I certainly don't want to run a Ford obd1...
  14. Hagan

ZF5 in Ranger?

I'm in the process of swapping a 302 in my Ranger. I ditched my 2.3t. I'm wondering if anyone has used a ZF5 in a Ranger behind a 302/351. I know people have used the m5od but the ZF5 has its advantages. It has a granny 1st. Its also known to be a stronger trans. I have read that it will not fit...
  15. Hagan

My 1986 Ranger on 35's!

Here is my 1986 Ranger I bought a couple years ago. It was stock and broken. Had a broken rear axle and the fuel filter was clogged. I realized that the stock Ranger wasn't going to work for me. I began by replacing the rear axle and drove it for a couple months. Front Axle It was about...
  16. Hagan

Dana 44 with positive camber?

I swear my '77 Dana 44 I swapped in my Ranger has positive camber. The outsides of the tires on the front are wearing more than the insides. Is there anyway to fix this?
  17. Hagan

High idle!!!

So I've completed my 2.3t swap from an '88 T-bird. The problem is the idle when the IAC is plugged in is 2000rpm. I found that the TPS was at fault and adjusted the idle without the IAC plugged in and got a new TPS and got it idling at 800 (without the IAC plugged in). Once I plug the IAC in...
  18. Hagan

Terrible Steering SAS Ranger

Ever since I've completed my SAS i've had terrible steering. Its all over the road and its unpredictable. Its not bump steer but I can't figure out whats causing it. I have not paid to get it aligned, I just aligned it myself in my driveway with about 1/8-1/4" toe in. I was using 7* "c"...
  19. Hagan

Oregon machine shops?

I'm looking for a machine shop in Oregon. I've had bad luck around here and I'm looking for someone reliable, honest, knows what they are doing, and not overpriced. Anyone recommend me a good one? Could be in Washington too! Thanks!
  20. Hagan

Spartan locker pooping...

Spartan locker popping... So I installed a Spartan locker on my 8.8 31 spline axle. It locks great. But it doesn't unlock worth crap. I will be going around a corner around 15mph with the clutch in and coasting out of gear and the locker will pop really loud. Its not my first auto locker...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad