• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. truck wont start

took alternator to kragen and it tested fine. all it does is click. battery has 12.8v. the connections look good. i have no idea what to do and need my truck for work tommorow. please help 2000 Ford Ranger 2.5 4 cylinder automatic 2wd
  2. CEL came on - P0401

about a week back i noticed that my check engine light was on. unfortunately i was out of town and didnt have access to a code reader. the truck seems to run fine. its a 2000 ranger with the 2.5/auto. it only had one code. P0401 and no pending codes. i got the same code once when i had...
  3. bronco II rear sway bar compatible?

i found someone parting out a 87 bronco II 4x4. he has the rear sway bar and links and all the brackets. will it fit on my 2000 reg cab short bed? mines just a 2wd and the base level xl
  4. dont know what brakes i have

2000 Ford Ranger 2.5/auto reg cab short bed it was a former service truck. there is no xl or xlt under the ranger emblem on the fenders. im pretty sure its as entry level as you can get. so im sure its the xl. now do i have 2 or 4 wheel abs? or how can i find out? and do i have the 9 or...
  5. modeled up my 9kv in winisd

first off, my sub is a elemental designs 9kv.2(8"sub). nearly identical to the e3.8 which replaced it. specs can be found on their website. the pink line is the plot line for how my sub is setup now. its in a sealed box, aproximately .42 cubic feet. the green line is the plot line, if i...
  6. question about repairing a/c

i just got back from pep boys. they did a a/c performance check. i was told the compressor is loud and the bearing is shot. which i agree. i was also told that the drier/acumulator would need to be swapped out once the system is opened. ok, thats fine. they said the system holds pressure...
  7. swapping out lower steering shaft

a while ago i noticed that the boot covering the pivot joint on the lower steering shaft was torn. so i started to look for a new one. last week i came across someone parting out a 99 ranger. so i picked up the steering shaft for $25. i also have a clicking sensation coming through the...
  8. monroe reflex vs sensa-trac

will i be giving up ride quality going with the reflex series? i can get the reflex shocks and struts a little cheaper. this is going on my daily driver. 100% on road driving. just looking for a replacement that will give me better overall performance. let me know if you have any first hand...
  9. brake hardware question

ok im looking at getting a set of monroe dynamics dx652 brake pads. they come with all the hardware except the caliper guide. is that really needed? these are what it doesnt come with
  10. few questions about my 2.5

first i would like to know the fuel tank capacity is? its just the base model xl, with the 2.5/auto, reg cab, short bed is there any way to test the mass air flow sensor and the o2 sensor with a dmm or ohm meter? my engine seems to shake a little at lower rpms. it settles down once the rpms...
  11. any reason not to use 5w-30?

i was just wondering if there is any reason to go against what ford recomends? which is 5w30 motor oil.
  12. torn steering shaft boot

i was looking at my brakes today and i noticed that the rubber boot at the end of the steering shaft was torn. its letting moisture get in. when i hosed down my engine bay after spilling antifreeze all over i noticed a clicking/tapping vibration coming through the steering wheel. but it was...
  13. another spark plug question

i thought my problem was spark plugs that were gapped improperly(by me). they were gapped at .040. i opened them up to .044(which is what the OE motorcraft plugs are gapped to). that seemed to smooth out the idle a little and help with the gas mileage. after seeing those results and still...
  14. tapping being felt through the steering wheel

just yesterday i started to notice a tapping sensation coming through the steering wheel. with the stereo off and the windows down, i cannot hear it. there doesnt appear to be anything rubbing on the steering shaft. any suggestion on what this could be? thanks
  15. I/M Monitors

OBD emission readiness i was at harbor freight and decided to pickup a code reader. i didnt have any dtc's but my emission status wasnt ready. it said: CAT Not Ready EVAP Not Ready i want to know what could cause these monitors not to be ready and how i can fix them. thanks
  16. tps question

does anyone know what theyre supposed to read? i got out my dmm, set it to ohms. once i pulled the connector there were 3 pins. i tested the middle and the drivers side pins. without touching the throttle it would settle around .965. when i barely thouch the throttle it dips to .935 and...
  17. is this a transmission issue?

my truck is a 2000 ford ranger xl w/ 2.5 4 banger backed by an auto trans. my problem is when the truck is cold. like first thing in the morning or after its sat and completely cooled down. when i put it in gear(reverse or drive) the engine bogs down and hten picks back up. it only bogs down...
  18. cooling system flush

so yesterday i was checking the coolant level. when i pulled the rad cap i noticed a orangish-yellow buildup around the radiator fill neck. i also noticed the fluid in the reservior was a bit orange. when i flushed the sytem a few years ago i used prestone 50/50. the green stuff. this truck...
  19. under seat amps

those of you that have managed to stuff a amp under your seats, can you please post what amp you used? and were there any modifications in order to get it to fit? i have a 2000 reg cab ranger. i currently have a 4 channel amp running my whole system. its located on the back wall right next...
  20. Engine stutters when putting it in gear

so when im in park and shift it into either reverse or drive(not sure if it does it any other gears) the engine stutters. the rpms drop low then it picks back up after a second of hesitation. anyone know what this can be? its been doing it for a while and its getting annoying. any help would...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad