• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1992 Toyota Tercel, oil problem???

Hey everybody, I know it's been forever since ive been on here, but I have a question. I have a 1992 toyota tercel 1.5 It burns a little oil at startup then the blue smoke goes away, I know that valve seals are a problem for these cars/motors, and I'm pretty sure thats what it is, but has...
  2. GEO crapped out on me

Ok so I'm driving down 50 highway when all of a sudden the car acts like it's was put in nuetral and then It regains its power to the wheels for a few seconds and then it slips again and repeats the slippage maybe one more time, and by this time I am slowing down on the shoulder, of course I put...
  3. Mitsubishi Eclipse...Need Help/Input???

Hi everybody, I unfortunatly had to get rid of my ranger, but I have a freind who offered me his 92'ish mitsubishi eclipse, It's really nice car for its age, the engine he believes was rebuilt at about 90,000 miles, and its got maximum 135,000 miles on it now, but the transmission(4 Speed...
  4. My "New" car

I getting a "new" car,:yahoo:. It's a 1989 Pontiac Bonneville LE, White, only needs one new tire, and it has the buick 3800 EFI (bullitproof engine), 4-speed auto, all it needs is gas to run, has some minor problems, but it should pass inspection after I get the new tire, can't beat it for $300...
  5. Thought I'd share this with you all...

I know most of you have probably heard this song at one time or another, just thought I would tell you guys I found a link to the music video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4s0nzsU1Wg :icon_cheers: Enjoy....
  6. !!! 5 Favorite Muscle Cars !!!

I thought it would be fun to ask what everybodys 5 Favorite Muscle Cars are. Note: This is American Muscle Cars, regardless of make, or year. Here are my top 5 #1. 68-72 Oldsmobile Cutlass/442:thefinger::3gears: #2. Dodge Challenger (New or old) #3. 64-73 Ford Mustang (Any Model) #4. 68-72...
  7. Need Opinions, If you got em'...

Hi everybody, I know I ask alot of questions, but this one I need pure advice on. Here is my situation, I have no rent to pay, or a family to support, I only have auto insurance and gas to pay for, but I have no job, I have applied many places, but things don't seem to work out, but I need $$$...
  8. Looking in to doing a 302 swap, NEED info???

I was looking looking in to doing a 302 swap sooner or later(when enough $$$ flows in), and I have been trying to research it the best I could, but I still need some questions answered. I know I have asked about a 6.2 Det. Diesel, and a Chevy 350 swap, but I have figured out thats another RBV(s)...
  9. Adapter Plate??

I have been wanting to bolt a ranger v6 tranny to a ranger 4 cyl engine, but I heard that the v6(like 2.8,2.9,& 4.0) transmissions dont bolt up to the 4 cyl engines, so I got to thinking... you know how chevy trannys don't bolt up to B.O.P. blocks??? well why not copy the idea of an adapter...
  10. I need some creative ideas???

Heres the deal, I found this really good deal on a ranger on CL for $150, the passenger side front side you can't put a tire on the spindle, but the three other wheels you can put tires on, but in order to get the truck home, I have to load it on a flatbed trailer, but without damaging the...
  11. Build Sheet???

Hi I was just wondering if anybody might have any suggestions on where the build sheet might be on my ranger, I have looked under the seats and I cant find it there, I have heard it could be under the carpet, BUT I don't want to rip it up unless it need to. My truck is a 90' 2wd long bed, any...
  12. Homemade body lift???

I don't know if this would be the right forum for this or not, but I plan on doing a body lift on my ranger (90' 2wd Long bed) for better tire and off road clearance, but right now the money I have needs to go towards fixing my truck, and I ain't sure I would have enough for a commercial lift...
  13. Would it work???

I have a 2wd 90 ranger 2.3, and right now I am planning on a Dana 30(XJ, or similar) swap on the front, but theres a guy down the road from me that has had a Chevy/GMC C/K pickup sitting for a number of years, and I was thinking about saving up and offering him some $ for the axles and the...
  14. Had an Idea...

What if you took a Dana 30 front axle(Jeep), and ground off the welds at the pumpkin, and replaced it with a dana 35 (jeep rear axle) pumpkin, then maybe put dana 44(full width) outers on it wouldn't that be pretty strong?:icon_welder:
  15. Oil Brands!!!

Had a question, I have '90 ranger 2.3 that is believed to have anywhere from 312,xxx to 412,xxx miles on it, and I was going to swap a chevy 350 in it but I think now I will do that on down the road in my next ranger(or rbv), and I would like to rebuild the 2.3, BUT that aint in the budget...
  16. I have 2wd... and I want It to be 4wd...

Here's the deal, I have asked around on this forum, and I think I will put a dana 30 (jeep one) and yes I know how vulnarable they are, but I plan on doing the swap when I can afford it, what I plan on doing is EITHER swapping a 4wd transmission into it, OR doing a divorced tcase on the back of...
  17. Chevy V8.... Help PLEASE!!!! (I am still a ford guy)

Ok here it is, for a long time I have wanted a V8, well I know I had started a thread asking about a Detriot deisel swap, but that may be a little ways down the road, and I have a friend who says I can have an old chevy 350 and a TH350 Trans. that needs rebuilt, well I looked up a rebuild kit...
  18. Ford Aspire???

Me and my dad were on a trip recently and on the way we hit a deer, well it totaled the hood, radiator, front lights, and bent the core support. We put a new hood, radiator, and lights in, and bent the core support back in place. But ever since we hit the deer, the key won't turn back past ACC...
  19. Need Advice... DANA 30 SAS...

Hi everyone, I need advice on something. I have a '90 Ranger XLT 2wd LB, 2.3 and 95% I have an M5od, I want 4wd on my truck because I would like to have an advantage come snow and ice time, and in spring/summer I would like to be less worried going in mud. My plan is to use a Dana 30( I am aware...
  20. GM 6.2 Diesel???

Hi, Im just wondered what anybody might think about a GM detroit diesel swap in a second gen ranger (89-92). Here Is what I plan on doing, IF I do the swap. Fully boxed frame, ford 9 inch or a dana 60 rear, dana 44 or dana 60 front axle, maybe a TH400 auto but would like a manual, and custom...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad