• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Steel Rims & 285-75-16 on 2000 4WD torsion bar Ranger with no lift?

Is this too big a tire? Truck is presently in another state, and getting tires and rims for when it will be home in a couple weeks.. With the stock alloy rims it had 245-75-16. While I had the truck, I had the for dealership replace the Firestones during the recall with 265-75-16. The tire...
  2. Oversize A/T Tire Experience

Now about tires. I ran into this thread because checking out rim sizes and backspacing on 2000 Ranger. This Ranger has been all over the country passing through family members. 2000 4X4 with 16" aluminum rims that are ate up from salt. It has 3.0 with 5 speed manual, 4.10 8.8 rear end...
  3. Oversize A/T Tire Experience

As for K&N, I was kind of suspect on them about 20 or 25 years ago. K&Ns were about it for IDF Webers like I had on a 914. I spent the money for a new Wix Mustang cone filter and a K&N Mustang filter for a test. I was thinking about adapting a cone filter to a daughter's car. As precise as I...
  4. Old Man

Eric thanks for reply. I was in your area for a grandson's soccer tournament a couple of weeks ago. The truck is not in my area, Greenwood, but Asheville. The owner, a son , now has found a shop. Once out of warranty, I did all the work on this 2000 Ranger, while I owned it. even helped...
  5. Old Man

Thank you for the welcomes.
  6. Old Man

I drive a beat up 96 Chevy K1500. The guys would get lots of pleasure from pictures of this ragged truck. I was called by a family member about a 2000 3.0 V6 4X4 Ranger that I bought new. It is 2 hours away and has a blown head gasket. With 240 K miles, I suggested a remanufactured motor and...
  7. 1987 v6 woes

Glad you have it running. Good work.
  8. 2000 4x4 3.0 V6 with blown head gasket.

Got a call from a family member yesterday concerning a 2000 Ranger that I bought new. I guess you could say it has been around the family since. I bought it. He got it towed in and was diagnozed with a blown head gasket on the 3.0. Although I worked as an auto mechanic 50 years ago, I'm...
  9. Old Man

Hi, I am an old man and I joined the forum because I'm impressed with the knowledge here.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad