• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 99 SAS + TDI build questions and help

Thankyou RonD, I am aware of the legality of the GVWR and GCWR numbers. I did not know that by changing the VIN (I'm assuming by essentially making it your own vehicle through extreme enough mods), you could change these ratings legally? I haven't looked too deep into this. As much as I would...
  2. 99 SAS + TDI build questions and help

Hey DRanger024, thanks for the helpful input. I remember back when I was a wee lad, I used to work part-time doing commercial demolitions, and there was a guy who would occasionally pick up dunnage and help out the company by moving a ton (and I mean literal ton, if not probably more) of gravel...
  3. 99 SAS + TDI build questions and help

Howdy yall, I've had my 99 4wd ranger for about 6 months now. Love the thing, but my initial plan of doin the usual 302 you commonly see has changed quite a bit. Bottom line up front: I'm curious if anyone would know of how significant of a difference in fuel economy a pair of super duty 05+...
  4. What donor vehicle to use with my desired mods? (5.0 manual, 4x4 twin sticks w/ crawlbox, etc)

Thanks for the recommendation I'll check out the d44 and d60 options. I am aware or the FOA long travel 4.5" suspension lift but i still don't know if that includes axles with it. I would hope so considering it's 4 grand before taxes and shipping. I'm thinking about doing the exterior of the...
  5. What donor vehicle to use with my desired mods? (5.0 manual, 4x4 twin sticks w/ crawlbox, etc)

Well guys it's been a while now and I am still on the hunt for the DV. As of now I'm lined up to get a 99' 5sp 4x4 3.0 with the flareside bed tomorrow knock on wood. Anyways, I am having a hard time having absolute clarity on what parts to get and what to get first for this build idea of mine...
  6. What donor vehicle to use with my desired mods? (5.0 manual, 4x4 twin sticks w/ crawlbox, etc)

Thank you for the good info here! As I mentioned above in some of my other replies, I am currently looking into a 1999 4.0 manual 4wd. Any conflicts here? Any holes in the plans? I am looking for recommendations on what transfer case (able to be mated to a second T-Case and doubler) to run with...
  7. What donor vehicle to use with my desired mods? (5.0 manual, 4x4 twin sticks w/ crawlbox, etc)

Some good points, I am not married to the idea of bench seats. The 99 DV I am looking at now has the fold down center console/middle seat and is a manual 4wd 4.0. The fold down seat/console is probably more preferred than a true bench seat anyways.
  8. What donor vehicle to use with my desired mods? (5.0 manual, 4x4 twin sticks w/ crawlbox, etc)

I should have further specified. It is not necessarily the jumpseats more so than it is the extra space provided from having the extended cab. But I do have a 4 year old and likely another on the way in time so jumpseats are a must as well.
  9. What donor vehicle to use with my desired mods? (5.0 manual, 4x4 twin sticks w/ crawlbox, etc)

Good question, yes it will have to pass emissions in Arizona. I am definitely trying to do an EFI set up now. As for the boxed frame, is a 1999 4wd manual going to have a boxed frame? This is what I am currently looking at getting for the DV. Feel free to poke any holes in my plan.
  10. What donor vehicle to use with my desired mods? (5.0 manual, 4x4 twin sticks w/ crawlbox, etc)

***Additionally, I am open to using the McNeil Racing one piece raptor conversion and I would prefer one of these two raptor conversion kits the most, but I may also be open to using the McNeil 6" or 10" bulge fenders instead, and then just get one of the commonly added F-O-R-D raptor style...
  11. What donor vehicle to use with my desired mods? (5.0 manual, 4x4 twin sticks w/ crawlbox, etc)

Hello everyone, it is good to finally make my first post and series of inquiries regarding some ranger goals I have in mind, moving forward with a future project truck. I'll post an introduction later separately to keep this as short as possible. I am currently at a phase in my life where my...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad