• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1985 ford bronco 2 stalls when put in gear

I was able to take out the torque solenoid last night & unfortunately the same result is occurring. Cranks and idles fine. It dies when put in gear. I’m at the conclusion that it is the transmission after all that we have done to it. I am thinking about swapping for a manual transmission. Any...
  2. 1985 ford bronco 2 stalls when put in gear

Well it has a new torque converter installed now. I will unhook the solenoid that we installed & test as you mentioned. If this solves the stalling issue, can the truck be driven without the solenoid for the short term? I have ordered the new one from O Reillys that matches the original one...
  3. 1985 ford bronco 2 stalls when put in gear

Correct. It will lunge forward then die when put in any gear. Idles great in park and neutral.
  4. 1985 ford bronco 2 stalls when put in gear

Thank you for all the info here. I will certainly give this a try. here’s a little more background on the truck: initially the truck started having this stalling issue & I was able to get it back going by revving the engine up to higher RPMs and pulling the shifter into drive. It started back...
  5. 1985 ford bronco 2 stalls when put in gear

Yes that is the what the original one looked like. The one that I put back in from Auto Zone looks a bit different.
  6. 1985 ford bronco 2 stalls when put in gear

My bad, I may have interchanged the terms by accident. Let me clarify: all of the valves under the valve body were free. The original solenoid that we pulled out and replaced was stuck. We replaced with the part from auto zone but they looked different from one another. I will unplug that...
  7. 1985 ford bronco 2 stalls when put in gear

Is the TCC solenoid valve the same as the solenoid that is located under the pan of the valve body? we replaced this solenoid when replacing the torque converter but the part that came from auto zone was not exactly like the solenoid that we pulled out originally. I think I can order the exact...
  8. 1985 ford bronco 2 stalls when put in gear

Thank you. I will try to find and unplug this connection & see what the result is. I appreciate it
  9. 1985 ford bronco 2 stalls when put in gear

Thank you for the reply. yes, the truck will lunge forward when put into gear. I can rev the engine up and drop into gear and it will move a few feet at the time. I assumed torque converter from reading similar problems online & discussing with a local mechanic. But the torque converter is...
  10. 1985 ford bronco 2 stalls when put in gear

Hello, I’ve been reading through old posts about similar problems & I appreciate the help. I have a 1985 ford bronco 2, 2.8 automatic transmission. Truck was running great up until one day it started stalling when put in gear. Truck will start and idle fine but once shifted into forward or...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad