• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 83bagged

2.2 Perkins into my ranger

I have an 83 with a full frame build. It's sitting with a carbd 302 with a c4 sitting in it right now. Really been looking into the diesel that was an option in the first rangers I found a motor and transmission for 1700. That's radiator to driveshaft. Top to bottom. Has anyone done this...
  2. 83bagged

Project: LOWrange

well guys i hope you like it 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 XL dash and gauges. it sat up too high for me. so i had to drop it. im going to graft it onto the doors and panels also, so i didnt want it to be too high abouve the window cut the column hole out some to allow it to drop about an inch...
  3. 83bagged

My motor swap

ok well i own a 1983 ranger reg cab with an automatic tranny and 2.3 carb motor. ive checked the tech sheet and i think my tranny is a c5, but it doesnt matter anymore. ok well i wanted the 2.3 turbo, but i couldnt find one close enough to me. BUT I FOUND A 302 AND A C4 AUTOMATIC for sale...
  4. 83bagged

steering shafts

does anyone know what type of steeing shaft our columns have? 83 - 88 automatic 2.3(i doubt it matters) im lookin to get an ididit column or a flaming river
  5. 83bagged

wanting a 2.3 turbo

ok ive read and read, and run through different ideas. from a 2.2 diesel to turboing my carb, 302 of course, but ive seen these 2.3 turbos and they are just plain SICK! ok now, ive looked a little bit and found some turbocoupes not to far from me in salvage yards. so in a few weeks or mid...
  6. 83bagged

changing my 2.3 to a 2.2 diesel

would this be possible? ive heard that the bell housings are the same, so could i use my automatic tranny with it? what all would i need for the swap?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad