• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. tranny or clutch makjn noise

i just put a new cluth kit in my truck, and when in nutral it is makin a light gargling/windind noise any idea why
  2. tire size questions

hey my truck is an 86 ranger has 225/75/15s on it now but it came stock with 205/75/15 has any one ever went from 205 to 225 shouldi go back to 205s is there a big mpg lost by goin with 225s?? it had 225 since i bought it
  3. cluth peddle or somthign else

i have a 86 ford ranger with a 1,2,3,4 and drive... is that a five speed ? but any way it was working great, then i was showing my brother that it wont go in to first if im goin fast, and i didnt even push hard i wasnt gonna. now the cluth peddle feek weird and it wont only at the top of the...
  4. brake issue ??

hey i was getting up to the stop sign and i felt like a snapping feeling in the brake peddle then the peddle got real hard and i had to really push on it to get it to stop... what cause this ?? ive been told brake booster if it is the brake boster how hard is it to change and what is...
  5. running rich

hey i seen on the spark plugs it running rich, how can i adjust this....what abotu the screw right in front of the engine new the throttle
  6. pulling codes

if there is no check engine light on will it still give codes,86 ranger
  7. need help

the other day i posted a thead says my 2.9 took a crap... well it didnt ... at first it sure seemd like it but now its home.i started it up it seems real ruff , i had my dad a grampa here and they said there no way its blown.... but it running rich(plugs black) and unspent fuel out of the...
  8. what should i do

my v6 ranger took a crap on my jsut 15 minutes ago, i fould a 1993 v4 will it be able to move the ruck in 4x4
  9. 2.9 took a crap

hey guys my 1986 ranger jsut took a crap and now i need a new motor what should i look for i found a 93 4 banger with dual spark spluds for 200 is it any good and will it be able to bolt right up
  10. no running light or tail lights

i checked the fuses all good but i have no tail or running lights could it be a blown buld that will cause all of those to go out
  11. loosing MPG

when i got my tuck a little over a month ago i was getting around 290 mile per tank on a fill up nows it seem im get beteen 200-250 per tank any reason this happen and ideas ??
  12. HELP!! head light issues

on news yrs eve I park my truck and got out about 20 min later i go to leave and my head lights wont work( they worked fine before) but the drive lights come on and do the inteior lights ... im thinking it the head light switch ... how in the hell do you change these out thanks for your...
  13. 4x4 working right or not

i am wondering how the 4x4 works are all 4 tires suppose to turn and the same time or what? i ask be causewhen i get stuck in the snow now all tires will spin all the time
  14. uses coolant

i check it so often and it seems to use a little coolant ... what coudl this be
  15. tanny Qeustion

GEAR OIL OR ATF????/ tranny question we are changing the tranny fluid when we pulled the plug it was red and after we smelled it it was ATF what kind of damage can this to to my tranny, alos so on the plug there was a small amount of metal shaving(small) what do u guys think
  16. oil filter

i jsut went a grabbed the oil and filter for the oil change and i grabbed jsut the advanced oil filter , should i have gt a differnt one or will this be ok
  17. how much of this and that

i didnt know where i should put this but im goin to put to gear oil in front and back axle and in tranny and put atf in transfer case , how much gear oil should i need and how much atf should i need aslo wut else will i needfor this job
  18. question about the site

hey guys hows it goin , i was wondering what does the little thing on the left side of the page ( rep power ) mean ... i have 1 but i dont now what it is
  19. oil question

Im gettin ready to do a oil change in my ranger, what do you guys use for oil 10w30,10w40,20w30, full senthetic? I thought about using some engine restore ,shound i ? Is there any other addiives u had succes with ??
  20. 4x4/transmission

i never owned a ranger let alone a four wheel drive ,so i lock the hubs in, put tranny in nutral and put the 4wd lever back right ?? well it doesnt go in to 4 wheel drive high i have to pull back then a little over to the left an if i put in 4 wheel drive low it wont shift acts like its in...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad