• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. C5 rebuilt, ready to go in....except......

Okay, rebuilt the C5 from my B2, and it's ready to go back in......except.....I'm not sure if the orig torque converter is okay or not. Is there any way to bench test the converter? Also, if it's not any good....the only option I have is the non-lockup replacement...right? If I have to go with...
  2. alternate 2.8 carburetors

I have done the duraspark conversion, and made a manual metering block, but I don't feel that I am getting the most out of the stock emissioned carb. I read about using a 7448 Holley and was wondering if there were others available. There seem to be alot of 2 barrel Holley carbs that appear to...
  3. 4x4 locked?

Not sure what's up, but I pulled a guy out of a snowy ditch a couple hours ago and could not get my 4x4 light to go off afterwards except "N". Obviously that doesn't do me any good 'cause I can't go anywhere with the t-case in neutral. The "action" of the 4x shifter doesn't feel right either. It...
  4. NSS bypass?

Is it possible to bypass the Neutral Safety Switch? Truck won't start and reverse lights not lighting. All fuses good. New switch = $50+. Anybody tried? Thanx
  5. HaHa.....conversion complete

Big thanx to all on this forum who have given their advice and ideas. Duraspark conversion is now complete and the B2 is purring like a kitten. Runs way better than she did when I first got her. Actually turned out to be a lot of fun doing the conversion. Best part is that I only had to put...
  6. c5 tube?

what is the tube running up the bell housing and ending near the distributor. I know it's not the dipstick tube. The one on my B2 has a rubber cap on it. Is it a vacuum line? Does it dramatically affect the shifting? Thanx in advance for any help Ace
  7. Duraspark Conversion...grey plug???

I've got all the parts need and most installed, but I'm a little confused about the "existing connector 'Grey'". Not sure which one this is. If anyone has done the conversion, could you explain the location of this plug. It's the one that has the Red w/light green wire that I'm to splice to the...
  8. Duraspark conversion--feedback carb gone

I'm considering the Duraspark conversion....My only question is this: Do I have to get rid of the 2150A feedback carb? The guide says: "the old feedback carb 'SHOULD' be replaced". Is there a way to keep it? New carbs are expensive and I don't trust a used one....Plus I just rebuilt the feedback...
  9. 84 2.8 won't stay runnin'

Hi y'all...fairly new to the group. I'm having some issues with my 84 2.8 BII. I just bought it last month and rebuilt the carb, 'cause it was leaking fuel and flooding. Put the carb on a few days ago and can't get it to idle. It fast idles for about 30 seconds and then dies. Try to start it...
  10. Carb issues....continued

I appreciate the help that has been sent thus far.....but still no luck. However, I have been "foraging" through the internet, and came across something called the "Nutter Bypass".....does anyone know if this acutally works. I personally would like to get rid of the computer controls to the 2150...
  11. New to TRS....Carb issues

Hope someone here can help me out. I cannot get my BII to idle. It fast idles for about 30 seconds and then dies. Upon restart, it will only idle for a few seconds. I can keep it running, only if I apply a good amount of throttle, and even then it sputters intermittenly. It's an '84 2.8, and I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad