• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rough at low RPMs and under load

After a head gasket replacement, my truck's got a bad shudder at low RPMs. It seems to do okay once it's moving, but it's damned rough when just taking off. It's fluids are holding nicely, and it starts right up and doesn't stall, just sounds like crap and shakes the truck if it's in gear and...
  2. 3.0 Head Milling, How much?

Blown head gasket, and it looks like one of my heads isn't true anymore, so I'm going to have it milled. I want to boost my compression a bit, but don't want to go too far. How much should I have them mill off? -Dirk R
  3. Head gasket repair

So I'm doing the head gaskets. Does anyone know if there are water passages in the intake manifold on the 3.0? If so, could that cause the 'wet spark plug' issues I was seeing? If so, will it be evident that the intake manifold's the problem during disassembly? OR, if I've gone as far as...
  4. Blown head gasket. Repair, or 5.0 conversion?

So, looks like the overheat blew a head gasket. No water in the oil or vise verse, but there's water on my plugs. I could repair it, do a PnP and roller rockers while the heads are off . . . maybe exhaust and an intake spacer. Or should I find a Crown Vic or 5.0 Mustang of the same year and...
  5. '92 overheated, now it won't start. Any ideas?

1992 3.0 with an automatic. It overheated. The water was empty. Bone dry. Just bought the truck, so no idea if it was already like that. Ran great util just now. Hadn't had time yet to give it the once over. Rookie mistake. The truck overheated, and wouldn't start for about two hours, then it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad