• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Rear differential seal

Ended up ordering my seal directly from Ford and everything went back together smooth. Thanks everyone for the tips appreciate it a lot!
  2. Rear differential seal

The original seal # is F89W-4676-AB. 1ST picture is the silicone residue on the side of the seal the 2nd is the original next to the 714675 seal that slid right in the housing. The 3rd is the original seal next to the 3604 seal that is obviously much larger.
  3. Rear differential seal

Thanks I need to double check but I'm pretty sure there is just washers behind the nut.
  4. Rear differential seal

Thanks with that info pretty it's an 8.8
  5. Rear differential seal

That 3604 seal was the one that was too big. Thanks though.
  6. Rear differential seal

No i havent thought of the rear end tag # i can try that if the current seal i have on order doesnt work. Yes in the info that I looked up said it's 170 foot lbs for the pinion nut while holding the yoke and 18lbs of drag. That's what I saw on a previous forum here.
  7. Rear differential seal

Yes and I'm pretty sure I've gotten the wrong seal 2x. The 2nd one I got fits in the housing but there is a little play and I know with seals there is usually some resistance installing. So I assumed it was the incorrect seal.
  8. Rear differential seal

I was saying the seal was on the front of the differential opposed to the back of the differential. Sorry that was confusing.
  9. Rear differential seal

Have a 2011 2.3 xlt. Can't find the front differential seal that is behind the yoke. One was too big and the other slid right in with no resistance. It looks like there may have been some silicone sealant on the old seal. The # on the old seal is F89W-4686-AB
  10. Going to V8 swap my Ranger. HELP!

So I could use a 2004-2011 4.0L donor with no cab rewire? 2005 being the easiest. Just want to make sure I understand what you're saying.
  11. Going to V8 swap my Ranger. HELP!

I would but wondering if I would have the same wiring issue with the whole cab rewiring. That's definitely an option I would go with if I don't have to do all that rewiring.
  12. Going to V8 swap my Ranger. HELP!

Sounding like because of the year going back with the 2.3 is my safest bet. Would a turbo be a hassel as well?
  13. Going to V8 swap my Ranger. HELP!

Thanks, I really appreciate the info. I really want to hold on to the truck. Just did a bunch of body work to it. It also holds a certain sentimental value to me. Would I have the same wiring issues if I went with a 4L V6 or 5.0? Again really appreciate the info. Really want to get this truck...
  14. Going to V8 swap my Ranger. HELP!

Hello everyone, I'm looking to swap my 2011 2.3 Ranger with a 4.6 or a 5.0. I've read the articles about swapping with the explorer 5.0 and that being the easiest swap. I'm not finding an explorer 5.0 worth it so I was thinking about an alternate route. Maybe a 4.6 out of a crown vic. Debating...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad