• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1978 f-100

I just bought a 1978 F-100 half ton truck. I need to replace the passenger side rear axle because it is bent. What year trucks used the same axle?
  2. Trac lock front axle

Is there any numbers or way to find out if a Ranger/Bronco 2 has a TracLock front axle. I know they where a option on early years of Ranger/Bronco2.
  3. Rear driveshaft again

I've been trying to find a replacement drive shaft for my 1987 Bronco 2. First I tried to get one from a junkyard and ended up with one in worst shape then the one I had. I then tried to get a rebuilt/new shaft from Napa/Autozone/Advance auto. Advance said the shaft's had a different length...
  4. Rear drive shaft

My 1987 bronc0 2 is starting to make a weird noise from a stop/or slow speeds up to to 55-60 mph went the noise stops. At first I thought it was the rear brake/antilock system, but I coasted down to 30 and then regained speed, it still made the same rattling type of noise. The exhaust is tight...
  5. Another auto question

I really like my 1987 Bronco 2, but...... the front seal is leaking on my transmission. A transmisson shop said I might as well forget fixing my problem because of Ford mismatching the torqueconvertor/seal. And a new convertor and seals would only last around 15-20,ooo miles before it would go...
  6. Auto hub question

Did they put auto hub's on Dana 28 axles? I found a 1990 Ranger that has auto hubs and I think it's a Dana 35. I'm going to double check tommorow. It has a rebuilt 2.9 and auto transmission. The owner says that he wants 500.00 for the whole truck. The truck was rolled/ hit bed real hard on...
  7. Exhaust noise

A while back I asked a question about a funny noise that sounded like a air leak from a air hose. Well I found it. The cats was plugged. The front cat's screen and honey comb material was all crammed and packed in the rear cat. We shined a flashlight through the exit pipe and could see no light...
  8. 4x4 clubs

Is there a 4x4 club i n Northern Ohio? My son and I would love to get involved for some wheeling. Let Me know!!
  9. Bronco2 vs Jeep Cherokee

My son has a 1989 Jeep cherokee and he thinks that his Jeep can walk all over just about anything else out there. Any opinions out there? Is a Jeep 4x4 system that much better then a Ford Bronco/Ranger?:icon_confused:
  10. Replacement parts?

A friend of mine is getting a wreaked 1990 extended cab ranger. The engine and trans has been rebuilt, new radiator, heater core and new engagement motor on the transfer case. Hopefully the 1990 ranger has the dana 35 front and 8.8 rear. He wants 500.00 for it as is. What do you think? I'll be...
  11. Egr tube for 2.9

Does anyone have a egr tube or know where I can get one? Ford states it's no available anymore. I Found a tube for a 4.0 but not the 2.9. Let me know. :icon_confused:
  12. Funny exhaust sound??

My 1987 Bronco 2 has a funny sound while going down the road around 40-60 miles per hour. It sounds like: phissssh, almost like a air leak in a air pressure hose that's leaking. The truck still has the orginal cat and a small muffler with a short 18 inch piece of pipe. Do you think the cat is...
  13. Shifting in overdrive

My 1987 bronco 2's auto is a little slow in shifting in overdrive. It sometimes takes 2-3 miles before it finally shifts in. Once it's in it's fine until I stop or downshift. Filter/oil change or vaccum mod??? Any ideas?:icon_confused:
  14. Exhaust question

I have a 1987 bronco2 that has the front cat rusted/split. Any ideas, I hate to spend 290.00 dollars on a new cat. I thhought about running dual pipes off to dual glasspacks. I know.... not legal.
  15. 4 speed auto

I have a auto in my 1987 Bronco2 and it has leaked some trans fluid from the front seal. I put some lucas auto seal in it, and it stopped leaking for around a week. The trans works great. Any ideas other then dropping the trans and replacing the seal? I've heard that the auto's are junk but I'd...
  16. Coolant switch

Hey Guys: On a 1987 Bronco 2, will the coolant switch cause the engine to die out and act doggy when the engine is heated up?? Past idle, when cold the pickup is Ok. It seems to work harder when the engine is at operating temp. I don't know how advanced the computer is in 1987. Any ideas?
  17. Temp gauge

I just got a 1987 Bronco 2 a few days ago, and found that the previous owner had taken out the thermostat. After I replaced it, the temp gauge would stay in about the middle area of the gauge. Does this sound right???
  18. 1987 bronco 2

Does a 1000 dollars sound fair for this bronco two?Ignition module is out of it no water or cream on the dipstick, antifreeze looks good. The body really looks good for a 1987. In the truck the interior looks good except for a loose headliner. Waht do you think???:dunno:
  19. 8.8 rear

Hey Guys: I have a 1991 ranger and I have located a 8.8 l/s rear but the question is that it doesn't have abs. Is it still possible to use but not hook up the sensor wire??? Other then the light on the dash will it cause any problems??
  20. Slave Cylinder Replacement

Well tomorrow morning, hopefully I'll be ready to replace my slave cylinder on my 1991 ranger 4x4. From my book it sounds like it's bolted to the inside of the bellhousing. Is that correct? Yeah like someone said the part is around 108.00 at advance auto. Is there anything else I need to know...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad