• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2012 f-150 4by4 issues, please help

I have been having a very annoying problem with the 4by4. It all started with my brakes. I was hearing a noise that my mechanic told me to install new brakes and rotors. He told me the rotors were warped and needed new ones because they were to far gone to machine. I spent $1000 for new...
  2. Can I tow this with my truck?

I have a 2012 f150 with the 3.7 There is a 20 foot camper I am interested in but it weighs 4800lbs. My manual says I can to 5500 lbs but not sure if I believe that. I live in the prairies in manitoba so I will be towing pretty much on level ground. Any opinions? I am getting a trans cooler...
  3. Do I need a transmission Cooler?

I just bought a 2012 3.7L f150. I will be towing a 7 by 16 foot cargo trailer. Do I need a transmission cooler? Is there one already installed? The trailer weighs about 2150 lbs empty. I am estimating no more then 4000 lbs full. My Manual says I can tow 5500 lbs but I don't know if there...
  4. F150 3.7L mpgs?

just wondering what mpg's guys with this engine are getting. I have the 4by4 which is supposed to get 16-21 mpg's. I just got the truck so didn't get to check it yet but it seemed like my first tank of gas went pretty quick. It is winter right now here in winnipeg so I know I am running on...
  5. Should I sell my truck with my subs or seperate?

I have a 2006 Ranger sport 3.0 that I will be selling. I have a 1200 watt panasonic amp and 12 inch alpine type R sub. Should I sell it with the truck or seperatly?
  6. Battery reading 12.0-12.1Volts?

I just bought a new battery for my 2012 ford f150 3.7L. When the truck is running I am always getting a healthy 14.5 volts. But other then that when it is not in use the battery will usually read 12.0-12.1 Volts. Isn't this a bit low? Shouldn't a full battery be more like 12.4 Volts?
  7. How do i know what kind of hitch is on my f-150?

I bought a ford f-150 a few days ago. It has a a square reciever on the back, how do I know the tow rating for it? It's a 2012 xlt 4by4 3.7L. I installed a similiar looking hitch on my Ranger which was 5000lbs
  8. Rangerstation decals?

Did the rangerstation stop selling decals? I haven't been on the sight for awhile but I know they used to sell them. Finally today I decided to order one and is says "none currently available". Are they out of stock or something?
  9. Whats a good forum for f-150's?

I have been a Ranger Guy for over a decade. Started off with a 96 2.3, upgraded to a 2006 3.0, and now I hope to leap into an f-150. As a Ranger guy I know this was the forum to be for us ranger guys. I'm sure there's alot of f-150 forums but which one do you guys think is best for me to...
  10. Ford f-150's engines any good?

I am looking to upgrade from my Ranger to an f-150. I have a 3.0 ranger right now and as far as rangers go I think the vulcun 3.0 was most dependable in my opinion. Problem now is I no nothing about f-150 motors. Any to avoid? Are they all pretty good?
  11. interior fan only works on high speed?

I am supposed to have 4 settings for my interior fan and all I have left working is the high speed. All 4 were working when I bought the vehicle. Then I lost one speed, then the other, etc. Winter is just around the winter is there a possibillity it might stop working all together? If it...
  12. Flashing Engine Light???

My engine starting running like shit today with a flashing engine light. I am taking it to a shop asap. I checked the engine code it said cylinder 5 misfire, and another code engine to lean. I took the spark plug out and it looked good. I just came to realise today that I have never done the...
  13. Is the clutch fluid the same as transmission fluid?

I wanted to get all the fluids changed in my truck and the shop told me that they are the same fluid, is this correct?
  14. Did I get the right transmission fluid?

I have a 2006 3.0 5spd. I went to piston ring and asked for transmision fluid and he gave me Mobil atf d/m fta d/m. just wanted to make sure this is correct before i put it in
  15. How often to change oil?

I checked my manual and it doesn't say anything. I checked my Haynes repair manual and it says 3000 miles, is this correct? I was assuming 5000 miles. This is for a 2006 3.0L
  16. Any Movers on here?

I run a small moving business. Right now I have a ranger with a 6by12 cargo trailer which I use for small moves. Eventually I hope to upgrade to something bigger. The big question, Should I buy a moving truck or a bigger Cargo trailer? I talked to another mover and he said he had a moving...
  17. my truck stuck on my driveway?

At first I thought i was stuck on my icy driveway then realized my driver side rear wheel is locked. The other wheel was spinning but the other is locked. What can i try? I am not much for mechanics so at this point looks like I will be gettting it towed to my mechanics shop tomorrow. A few...
  18. Whats the top speed on the 2.3, 3.0 and 4.0?

i used to have a 96 2.3 that had a top speed of about 143 km/hour. I then upgraded to an 06 3.0 which had a speed limiter at about 150km/hour. I am guessing the top speed on a 3.0 is about 170 km/hr? How about a 4.0? 220km/hour off the top of my head. I know trucks are made for towing and its...
  19. towing a cargo trailer with a 3.0?

Does anyone have any experience towing a cargo trailer with a ranger? specifically a 3.0? Also wondering what inside cargo height was and weight range info would be nice. I am looking for a lightweight 6 by 12 foot cargo trailer, weight roughly around 1200 lbs empty, I would prefer a 6...
  20. tire chains vs 4by4?

Do you guys think a RWD with Tire chains is almost as good as 4by4 in alot of snow? Just wondering what guys comments would be. I have used tire chains on my RWD ranger sport and was impressed by the difference they made. Maybe comparing them to a 4by4 is a bit much. Maybe tire chains on rwd...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad