• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Copper6297

Suspension Lift Comparison??

@JMF661 This is pretty much exactly what I want out of my truck. It is a somewhat daily/ dump run/ hunting rig so it doesn't have to be crazy. Just a little more height so it can clear 33's. Did you get the kit with the radius arms and leaf springs? or just radius arms kit? Also, you say you are...
  2. Copper6297

Awesome, thank you guys so much!!! I will look at the skyjacker lift a little closer. This will be a "mostly" daily driver with the occasional weekend warrior and of course it will be used all hunting season to get to camps. So it seems it may be best for my situation to go with the skyjacker...
  3. Copper6297

Hello all, So I have a 1997 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Super Cab. After searching through TRS a ton, I have found a lot of people that support the Skyjacker lift system. I would like to lift my truck to clear 33's and I was wondering 1st, what size lift do I need? I know that there are pages that...
  4. Copper6297

What axle do I have?? 1997 xlt 4x4

Thank you for the info. That is good to know about the actual lift height being slightly lower with the super cab. I also plan on building some steel bumpers for it and getting a winch so that will add to the weight as well. You wouldn't happen to have any experience with the James Duff Lifts...
  5. Copper6297

62' Scout 80

Yes, I had to put in new spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, points, and feed it some good fuel. But once that was in place, it turned right over and would run as long as I kept the bottle of fuel going to it.
  6. Copper6297

62' Scout 80

Thanks, I am super excited about this build. It will be a long term build to be sure!! @85_Ranger4x4, the plans are to collect the sheet metal for the floors and lower sections of the fenders, kick panels, rocker..... needs new gas tanks as they are rotten. I will be pulling the body off to...
  7. Copper6297

1997 Ford Ranger Ext. Cab 4x4

Thank you for the welcome, and I added my question to the axle segment of the forum and got the answer I was looking for. Im new to the forum thing so I have to learn to search sometimes haha. If you don't mind me asking, what lift do you have? That is exactly what I would like to be running are...
  8. Copper6297

62' Scout 80

Hey everyone, I have a 1997 ford ranger that is my dd/ weekend project. But here is my new LONG TERM project. I picked up this 1962 scout 80 for free from a buddies field. He had parked it there YEARS ago and forgot about it. I was able to get it home and actually got the engine to turn over...
  9. Copper6297

Thanks for the welcome everyone!! I am excited to get started on the build!! And you guys are correct, I have searched through the forums a bit and there is so much knowledge and information that it is almost overwhelming haha. I am sure I will be on here a lot looking for info on different...
  10. Copper6297

Thank you everyone!! I am glad to be part of the group and can't wait to get building. I am sure I will be on here with many more questions as I go. @4x4junkie I really like your '94. I've been looking at the skyjacker lifts and going back and forth between getting the 4" or the 6". I really...
  11. Copper6297

Hello, New to the ranger game. I bought this 1997 ford ranger xlt 4x4 with a 4.0 and auto trans off of my dad a couple months ago. My dad had it for a few years and bought it off my grandpa who bought it new. I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I am under the assumption that this axle...
  12. Copper6297

Hello everyone, I am new here and just wanted to introduce myself and ask a question. My name is Matt and this is my 1997 ford ranger. I got this from my dad who got it from my grandpa who bought it new. Both my dad and grandpa used it as a work truck and it is about wore out, so lots of plans...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad