• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Automan1988

Oil Pan

I have a 1991 with a 2.3 and was wondering if you are able to get the oil pan out with the motor in the truck.
  2. Automan1988

Heater not working now

I have a 1991 ranger with a 2.3 and just installed a new water outlet housing, 192* t-stat and heater hoses. The truck is not getting up to temp, and the heater is blowing cold. The only way I can get any heat out of the heater is to rev the engine up and then you can feel it start to blow...
  3. Automan1988

Water Outlet

I have a 1991 ranger with a 2.3L and was wondering if a 1992 2.3L water neck is the same or if it would fit.
  4. Automan1988

Coil Packs

I've got a 91 ranger with a 2.3 in it. I can't get spark from #2 & 3 on the lower coil. Have switched the coils around and the problem stays at the lower coil. The top one is firing on all 4 with both coils. Have pulled the Ignition Control Module off and had it tested, they tested it 3...
  5. Automan1988

Removing Decals

I have a gen 2 ranger with the factory decal thats 6 or 7 strips running along the bottom. I was wondering if anyone has removed these and if so if they could post a picture. Mine are starting to peel off in areas and i wanted to see what it would look like with them removed before i take them...
  6. Automan1988

Bearing Races

Not sure how it happened, have never heard of it before but i was inspecting my bearings today and noticed that the outer race on one of the rotors was spinning in the rotor. I had another race and put it in and it did the same thing. The bearing is in perfect shape just the race spinning. Any...
  7. Automan1988

Cam Bearings

I am tearing down my 1992 4.0 and the cam bearings look like they are copper. There is just a little bit of wear that is on the bottom side of the bearing which I believe is normal. I was just wondering if they are normally copper or if they are wore out.
  8. Automan1988

Anyone Tried It?

I was just wondering if anyone has tried the Fitch Fuel Catalyst. I have been seeing it advertise and wondering if it really works and if it is worth the money.
  9. Automan1988

Burned Valve Replacement

I hava a 92 ranger with a 4.0 and I am certain that it has a burned exhaust valve. At low RPMs it runs real rough and it will suck a dollar bill in to the exhaust. Is it reasonable to find out what head the bad valve is in and only replace the one valve or should I rebuild the entire head? or...
  10. Automan1988

Fuel Gauge

Have a 91 ranger and the fuel gauge isn't working. I haven't had a chance to look in to it yet since it is my bro's truck, but I was just wondering if this is a common problem and if there is an easy fix. Also is there any tests that I should start with? The gauge just reads between E and...
  11. Automan1988

Burned exhaust valve?

I have a 92 4.0 and after it idles for a few minutes it will drop down to around 500-600 RPMs. I recall reading that if you stick a dollar bill at the tail pipe and it sucks it in you could have a burned exhaust valve. Could a miss also cause the dollar bill to do this? Also would a burned...
  12. Automan1988

Wheel Bearings

I have a 92 4x4 Ranger and the front wheel bearing lock nut keeps coming loose. I have torqued it to 130 ft. lb. as I recall reading that that was the spec. The wheel bearings about a year old and are still good. Any ideas why they keep coming loose?
  13. Automan1988

Coil Pack

Can the coil pack cause rough idle? When the truck warms up it will drop down to about 550-600 RPMs and sounds like it is going to die. Just got a new multimeter with an inductive pick up and it says that the passanger side bank is running at about 600 RPMs and the drivers side is running at...
  14. Automan1988

E-85?

I have a 1992 Ranger with the 4.0 and was wondering if you are able to run E-85 in it. We just got a station in town and it almost a dollar cheaper, so I was just wondering.
  15. Automan1988

Pitman Arm

I have a 1992 Ranger and I am waiting for my lift to come in, and was wondering what size the nut on the pitman arm was.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad