• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. SloRanger23

Lima drifting build

Cam bearings, HLAs and cam. Started to put the valves in and then I realized that I didn’t order the valve stems seals.🤦🏻‍♂️
  2. SloRanger23

Lima drifting build

So going crazy sitting around and I’m starting to build the motor. I got a used header, used for a food deal but it’s not going to clear my AC. So I think I found a solution. I’ll find out more on fitment but it could be an alternative for those that don’t want to use a flip kit, want ac with a...
  3. SloRanger23

2.3L ('83-'97) Building one bad 2.3 Lima

Mini stock 4cyl forums will help you out. To turn high rpm, you need a lot of head work. The cam bearing towers need strapped, roller setup (you already have this) and the valve springs to match. Bottom end you’ll need to ARP your: rod bolts, head bolts and main bolts. Don’t stroke the motor as...
  4. SloRanger23

Lima drifting build

Doing little bits right now: Have two Explorer 8.8s. Tore down the 3.73 limited slip to see what needed to be rebuild Painted the valve cover Finally figured out the manifold to coexist with my ac and alternator.
  5. SloRanger23

Lima drifting build

I’ve been waiting for a donor for a bone on my right ankle for almost 18 months. Sucks not being able to walk half the time. Match was found and surgery is Tuesday. Looks like I’ll be buying parts for the next 6 months and hopefully get back at it in February 2021.
  6. SloRanger23

Lima drifting build

Doing little bits right now: Have two Explorer 8.8s. Tore down the 3.73 limited slip to see what needed to be rebuild Painted the valve cover Finally figured out the manifold to coexist with my ac and alternator.
  7. SloRanger23

Looking for the 1991 ford out law rims

I just traded them today for HVAC controls and other parts. Sorry.
  8. SloRanger23

Lima drifting build

It looks like parts for the 2.3t are slowly going away. Crowler discontinued their sportsman forged rods. I was originally building for 500-600 hp but now I’m going for reliable 400. Anyone got a set of rods collecting dust?
  9. SloRanger23

Lima drifting build

Finally got my Tuner Studio registered and have been cramming in on how to tune. I got my gauge layout for my Pi Dash. It’s a little busy but will work well when I start to tune. I got my used MS3x turned on and pulled the tune that came with the unit, it should get the truck running.
  10. SloRanger23

Lima drifting build

Been awhile since updating but I got some knock off Quick Latch hood pins and I have to be honest, they work perfect and are great quality. Now my ability to measure on the other hand is not so great. Little form... whole lot of function! Truck is dirty as hell and the rain stopped me from...
  11. SloRanger23

Lima drifting build

Never thought I would be this happy with a used clutch. Awesome guy, he threw in the throw out and pilot bearings! The T5 might be put in ahead of schedule. This really makes me want to do the suspension.
  12. SloRanger23

Lima drifting build

Had to get pics of the set up. The brackets for the 12” rotors caught on the bump stop and I basically could barely turn. Used an angle grinder to reshape them and I have better turn radius then before and better than most cars. I left some bumpstop so the caliper wouldn’t hit and compress on a...
  13. SloRanger23

Lima drifting build

Thanks for the advice, MSextra is endless information and advice and I go deep down rabbit holes because I always find something different to learn than what I was looking for. I was hoping someone with a Ranger could give real world experience. MS seems to finicky and sometimes not everything...
  14. SloRanger23

Lima drifting build

I have learned a lot and still have a lot more to learn. I’m not going Napa on this, will be using oem gm sensors and factory ford for the tb. I figure new wiring/ sensors less headache later to chase down. Probably going VDO or JY flex fuel sensor. If you check out my photos you’ll see a 36-1...
  15. SloRanger23

Whats in a name

I was eluding to your “Mini” joke, sorry. I was meeting my family when my Dad and I saw the truck beside mine and we were in tears for longer than it was really funny.
  16. SloRanger23

Whats in a name

Who makes it🤣🤣🤣
  17. SloRanger23

Whats in a name

That’s my not so Mid sized truck between an F150 and a Murano Midsize SUV. My truck is 2wd, stock height. Mini would definitely be a good adjective and for all reasons above “it is what it is”
  18. SloRanger23

Lima drifting build

That’s great news. I have a base turbo tune. The Ms3x was bought second hand but had came of a 2.3t and verified working on JimStim. I’m going all GM sensors, part because of calibration ease of use and part because I can transition this system to an LS build. My motor will be Coil on/near plug...
  19. SloRanger23

Lima drifting build

I didn’t even know that ecu got hijacked until I saw your post. People I know go standalone but the build are from the 90s
  20. SloRanger23

Lima drifting build

No need to steal the secrets behind Ford EDIS, the cats out the bag on the technology! It would be nice to have factory tuning on a different setup.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad