• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. venom97

1992 4.0 5spd misfire after 2500rpm no cel

Run great up until 2500 rpm, then starts popping like a rev limiter and tach goes nuts and stops working. When I let off or shift it runs fine until I get it up to 2500 again, tach goes nuts and then starts working again. I wheeled it all night in low and it did fine, just doesn't care to be...
  2. venom97

Finally found my sport...

Picked up a 92 explorer sport 5spd 4x4 after years of always wanting one. The body is not tip top but the underside was super clean for a 92. Replaced a bad fuel pressure regulator, changed the oil and it fired right up. Has a flowmaster exhaust and K&N filter, otherwise all stock. Enough...
  3. venom97

Wanted 15x8 aluminum wheels in IL - no longer looking

Looking for a decent set of 15x8 aluminum aftermarket wheels. Market place is garbage or way over priced in my area. Central Il, will drive a little bit to meet up.
  4. venom97

#5 and #6 full of fuel.......(solved)

I recently bought a 92 explorer sport to build a mild wheeling rig. I bought it cheap knowing it quit running a day or two before hand. The po had no idea what it was (ran good and then it just died) and I started looking into it and found the back two cylinders on the driver side are full of...
  5. venom97

Need some help!

My daughter has an 04 ford ranger 4x4. The other day she was driving and the motor sent some pieces through the oil pan. After some searching found all 3.0 blocks are are the same and can be used. FFV (flex fuel vehicles) require their specific heads and injectors, not sure on intakes. I will...
  6. venom97

Back at it again... but not mine this time

So, my oldest daughter is now getting ready to drive and has her heart set on a 2nd gen ranger because she loved mine when she was little. We drove about 2 hours and 45 minutes a few weeks ago to pick up an 89 that had a suspected blown head gasket to get messaged when we were 20 miles away that...
  7. venom97

looking for pics of a specific explorer sport

Been a long time since I've been on here, some may remember me. I had a 91 ranger ext cab that I had bought from a member on here a while ago. I was looking to buy an explorer sport and ended up buying the ranger. Well now I'm wanting to get another play toy. There was a blue first gen explorer...
  8. venom97

quick lill vid i threw together of the 91

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7oNO_nc2mE she'll be missed but on to bigger things.......:D
  9. venom97

ranger to explorer lift

well ive found a black 92 explorer sport which ive wanted since before i bought my truck. ive put the 5.5 superlift on my ranger and was wondering what all id need to do to get the explorer sitting level in the back with my front lift off the ranger. i know the soa swap but what all is...
  10. venom97

went out and had a little fun

havent posted any new pics lately so i thought id share a few. me and a buddy went out and played on my property a little bit yesterday,he lost his licence plate so we went back today to find it:wink: heres a few pics my favorites lol
  11. venom97

a few new pics

its been a while since ive posted on here. not much has changed,except im in the process of taking all the stick on chrome off the truck. anyways here a few pics. and one of my buddy,lol
  12. venom97

97 auto in a 91

i found a complete auto trans out of a 97 4.0 4x4 ranger. will that bolt right in to my 91 4.0 4x4 or are they a different trans?
  13. venom97

a4ld no park

i did a search and didnt find anything to helpful on the subject. its a 91 ranger 4x4 with the 4.0. i talked to many people and they all agree'd that it sounded like a park pin. well today i bought a new park pin and tore into my truck like i was going to have park when i was finished and...
  14. venom97

alt. swap

ive got an alt from a 93 to put in my 91 with the wiring harness. i was just wondering where everything plugs into? anyone done this before?
  15. venom97

did a little wheeling

went to the back field bog that earth resin 4x4 club holds every year. had a great time and met a lot of good people. here some pics of my truck. they have 4 events a year.
  16. venom97

down firing subs?

ok i looked at a couple boxes for my 91 ext cab and they said that firing your subs down actually help the sound. my question is how close can the sub be from the floor? im looking at running one or two 10" memphis power bass's and need to keep both jump seats available. the way im seeing...
  17. venom97

question about l.e.d.'s

this might be a stupid question. ive got an old led flashlight that got busted and was wondering if theres a way to wire the led's so i could run them as my lic. plate lights. thanks
  18. venom97

got a lil dirty today

i went out to my moms today. she has about 3 acres and ive been trying to talk her into letting me go out there and play for a while. she finally said she was just going to let the corner field grow and i could play on that side. i went out with my 5 year old and didnt plan on much being out...
  19. venom97

quick question

ive got a 91 4x4 auto and here lately it seems like its having a hard time starting. ill drive the truck,park it and when i come back out it acts like the battery is bad. (cranks slow and sometimes wont turn over) alt. is charging at 14 volts and the battery sits at 12.8v. im thinking the...
  20. venom97

another trans swap Q.

ive been looking around and even asked before but have found mixed anwser's. ive got a chance to get a 5 sp out of an 88 2.9 ranger 4x4 for 91 4.0 ranger 4x4. he said 200 for everything to convert it over. will i run into problems with this trans? ive got some people telling me there the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad